PDA

View Full Version : EASA, comments to NPA's

pembroke
16th Jan 2009, 15:39
Re EASA, you are probably as cynical as I , and any so called consultation is simply a waste of time, and all deals are done behind closed doors, in a non-smoke filled room somewhere in euroland! Well, I am assured it is worth commenting on the batch of "Notice of Proposed Amendments" (NPA) going through just now. The end date is Feb 28th , and topics covered are LPL, PPL instructors, post maintenance test flight pilot qualification, and many more.
I tried hard to comment some months ago, to no avail, but after a bit of prompting it seems fairly straightforward, as follows:
The website is <www.easa.europe.eu> You then choose EN for english and the home page offers "Comment Reponse Tool". Open that and register using your email and a password. You then "View Documents" and that takes you to the list of current NPA's. To open these, to view or comment a small note on page asks for "right click" !!! After you have left a comment, click the "icon" to confirm.
It would be interesting to find out if others on this forum have commented. I am also been told that each individual comment is counted and given equal validity

IO540
16th Jan 2009, 15:45
This has come up here recently.

My take on it is that the FCL proposal (out for some time now) has been commented on by a few thousand VFR-only people. Some don't like the proposal but my feeling is that there will be enough meat in it for the pan-European PPL to go ahead.

The IFR crowd, which is mostly FAA/N-reg, has seen the dreadful and utterly bizzare stuff in the FCL proposal on foreign reg ops (p159-161) and is waiting for the not yet published OPS proposal before they comment, for obvious reasons. And the OPS proposal has been delayed, for un-named political reasons.