PDA

View Full Version : Changing outlook mail adress?

hightower1986
16th Jan 2009, 08:00
Does anyonw know if its possible to set up MS outlook to send e mails with my hotmail account? dont know how it works, but for example when i click on an "e mail us" page on a website it opens outlook and i would like it to display my hotmail adress for the other person to reply! make any sense? i dont think so but dont know how else to describe it really:ugh:

hellsbrink
16th Jan 2009, 08:23
Yes it is, in Outlook 2003 anyway. Al you have to do is go to the bit where you work with an email address, select "new email address", select "http", then follow the instructions for entering your hotmail account.

When sending an email, make sure you click on the "accounts" button on the message to make sure you have selected the email address you want to use. Sorry the instructions aren't more precise, but my Outlook is in Dutch and I ain't sure that going through it step by step in Dutch would help you!

hightower1986
16th Jan 2009, 09:02
dank u voor dat het gaan zal geven

ZH875
16th Jan 2009, 09:11
Go to the Micro$oft site and download "Outlook Connector", this simple utility integrates with Outlook and also downloads the rest of the folders in Hotmail, not just the inbox.

hightower1986
16th Jan 2009, 10:09
now can get all my hotmail through outlook, cheers but does anyone know how to create a password for outlook? so i can have my computer on without someone going into outlook and reading my messages?

ZH875
16th Jan 2009, 10:16
In Outlook 2007
Tools
Account Settings
data files
then select your Personal Folders
Settings

Then Change Password

Robert is your Mother's Brother.

Although I am not sure how secure the password is on 2007, on earlier versions it could be 'cracked' very easily and without any delay.

hightower1986
16th Jan 2009, 10:28
thanks is that just the password to access the outlook part then? or does it need to be the same password as the hotmail account linked in!?

ZH875
16th Jan 2009, 10:57
Once you have set the password, close outlook and then open it again.

It will ask for the password, if the password is not supplied or is wrong, outlook will close, and not give access to the hotmail account (or outlook acount) . The hotmail account password is nothing to do with outlook as such, it just needs that password to get and send your mail.