PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest ME-IR Revalidation

KFTW
15th Jan 2009, 19:46
Hi,

Can anyone give me info regarding Cheapest ME-IR Revalidation please?

Thank in advance.

Regards,

KFTW

Parson
16th Jan 2009, 10:53
The cheapest way is probably to go back the FTO where you did your initial training. You should be familiar with the a/craft/sim, procedures and routes.

That will far outweigh going somewhere that is marginally cheaper per hr but having to spend more time getting up to speed.

Also, to cut the costs, do lots of 'arm-chair' flying. Refamiliarise yourself with checks, procedures radio calls etc. so that when you jump back in the sim or a/craft, it's second nature.

pipertommy
16th Jan 2009, 12:05
Good advice:ok: Thats what I did.

KFTW
16th Jan 2009, 17:24
Hi,

Thanks for reply.

Regards,
KFTW

Danny boy
16th Jan 2009, 19:21
you will be surprised how it all comes back,the flight will probably go better than you think..enjoy.:ok:

will fly for food 06
16th Jan 2009, 19:26
I just did mine at Flying Time on the DA42 at shoreham. Highly recommend them.

portsharbourflyer
16th Jan 2009, 20:06
Just wondering about the twinstar, those that have done an initial MEP on a twinstar still need to do difference training for a three lever control conventional twin. Therefore if your initial was in a conventional twin (eg; seneca, dutchess) and then you renew the MEP rating on a twinstar, does this still renew your MEP privileges for a conventional twin?

will fly for food 06
16th Jan 2009, 20:23
Interesting point. I dont think or at least I hope I wouldnt have to go back to differences training again. I fly a cirrus aswell as non glass cockpit singles and I havent had to do more training each time I changed types. I presume(a bad thing to do sometimes) that if I wanted to hire either a DA42 or a convetional twin at a new school it would require a check ride either way.

will fly for food 06
18th Jan 2009, 19:31
Lasors states that differences training on sep is valid for ever. On a twin it is valid for two years, you then have to do a proficiency check with an instructor.