PDA

View Full Version : Bini Flight Trainng VS WAA college Australia

springbokflyer145
15th Jan 2009, 17:39
Hi everyone.

Does anyone have any knowledge of these 2 flight training organisations? Any advice as to which one is better when it comes to foreign licence conversions?

I have to convert my ATPL to a CASA and am looking for a really good school with good pass rates.

Any help will be appreciated.

ReverseFlight
16th Jan 2009, 00:20
Hi springbokflyer145,

I presume you have read CASA's website regarding ATPL conversions:

Flight crew exams and licences - Converting foreign licences (http://www.casa.gov.au/fcl/overbr.htm)

You must pass the IREX theory exam and do a flight test to obtain an Aussie MECIR. While there is no flight test for ATPL, there are no IR privileges attached to an Aussie ATPL licence.

You are therefore looking at getting a high mark at IREX with good mentoring for your instrument flight under Aussie rules. Both schools have capacity for foreign licence conversions but they are very different in nature. I can only tell you my experience with both organisations.

WAAC is a large school with modern facilities. It has a team of support staff who will be able to cater for your every needs. They are also CRICOS recognised and therefore more structured when with dealing with foreign students. They also have their own living accomodation and can cater for a good number of foreign students.

Bini's is a small school and not the sort which sticks out of a crowd. It has a small team but you do get very good personal service. The CFI Steve Pearce is a renown authority on CIR but you may need to book a couple of months in advance for your flying course. IREX theory is conducted by the legendary Lionel Taylor whose students have been known to pass with 100%. Bini's is not registered with CRICOS and does not run any accomodation facilities. Having said that, they have taught foreign students over the years.

It really depends whether you like a larger school with all the facilities or a smaller school with more personalised service. Both have an excellent reputation and will equally get what you need at the end.

BTW, I miss the springbok grasslands.