PDA

View Full Version : Outlook:List of addresses sent to

beerdrinker
15th Jan 2009, 07:04
In Outlook, if you want to send a message you click on "NEW". Then rather than click on "To"(and go to the "Contacts" list), if you type in the initial letter of the address in the "To" line a list of addresses comes up and you can choose directly from that list.

How do you access the complete list without going through the whole lot letter by letter or number by number. (Very tedious)

Many thanks,

BD

Bushfiva
15th Jan 2009, 07:15
You mean, type a few letters to narrow it down, then scroll down through the list? Or are you looking for something more efficient? Or do you mean hitting ctrl-shift-B in the "To:" box?

beerdrinker
15th Jan 2009, 09:53
Bush

Control Shift B takes me to my Contacts.

I mean the list of addresses I have actually sent to which appears when you do as you say: " You mean, type a few letters to narrow it down, then scroll down through the list? Or are you looking for something more efficient"

I want to find that list without having to go through the alphabet.

In that list there are aaddresses I have sent to that are not included in the Contacts file.

Erikk
15th Jan 2009, 10:33
I know these names/adresses are stored in a .NK2 file ({driveletter}:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook).

Maybe you can find a NK2 editor on Google? nk2 file editor - Google zoeken (http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=nk2+file+editor&meta=)=

Saab Dastard
15th Jan 2009, 11:44
You might try the on-line help for Outlook, and enter contacts address book or some such in the search box.

Similarly on the MS site.

SD

beerdrinker
15th Jan 2009, 12:04
Thanks. Tried that. (thanks to Erikk) I have now copied .nk2 file from the old computer to the new one.

But I still can't find a way to view the Autocomplete file (the name of the file I was alluding to in my first post) in its entirety.

Erikk
15th Jan 2009, 12:16
In my opinion you have to use a 3th party application to view the NK2 file.
I've found various on Google, give this one a try:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nk2view.zip

I've tried it and works fine. It also automaticly detects the NK2 file on your computer.

Hope this helps you out.

beerdrinker
15th Jan 2009, 12:29
Erikk,

Thanks.That is just what I wanted. Also with a query that was on the Microsoft website you pointed me to I managed to find the location of the nk2 file in Vista so I have managed to copy the nk2 file from the old XP computer to the new Vista computer

Yet again the value of the forum has been demonstrated. Problem solved in less that 4 hours.

Thanks again Erikk

BD