PDA

View Full Version : BA Club Europe seating change

Final 3 Greens
14th Jan 2009, 09:53
Just noticed that BA is changing the seating configuration from 2 + 3 to 3 + 3 (with the middle seat unoccupied) on the narrow body equipment.

About time too, sitting in a middle seat after paying a premium was just ridiculous.

The seat width will now be standard economy, but I much prefer a narrower seat with the middle one free, as you can share it with the other passenger and keep working papers, etc close to hand.

How about any other Class users?

PS: note to Rainboe - you visualised me as morbidly obese on the other thread, well either (a) I wasn't or (b) I've slimmed. I won't share my vision of you in case it upsets your delicate soul :}

apaddyinuk
14th Jan 2009, 12:14
Yeah I think its about time too although a lot of crew seem very upset by the decision thinking its going to create more problems then its creates!

My only concern is that I think this is the start of the space saver seats being introduced fleet wide which although comfortable I dont think the forward end will benefit from the current leg room space!

manintheback
14th Jan 2009, 12:14
Thanks for info F3G. Wondereed why when I booked my seat the plane only showed 2 on the RHS ABus

BA offering of 3 on one side fighting over the armrest, whilst the 2 on the LHS had a nice bit of extra space was always absurd. 2 classes in 1 class so to speak. And the number of times a 'colleague' of the person sitting next to me asked to swap their middle with my window so they could fly together..Very quickly learned to feign sleep until we were moving.

k3lvc
14th Jan 2009, 19:34
Great move by BA but

a) Sorry I'm not with you F3G - 2 wide seats + narrow unused middle far preferable

b) presumably this puts paid to my normal ruse of booking 1st economy row on LHS - Clubs seats for Economy money