PDA

View Full Version : Cabair Bournemouth

VFR Transit
13th Jan 2009, 20:26
Can anyone tell me what the current (2008 / 2009) uniform requirements are for the Cabair ATPL theory cousre?? I am Just buying a few things before the course, so want to make sure I am getting everything.

Do I need to buy Cabair branded uniform??

Thanks
VFR

biggles84
13th Jan 2009, 20:34
Hello mate,

No you don't need Cabair gear. I got all mine from transair. White shirt, one pair of gold epaulettes, your own black trousers and shoes, a NATO style jumper if you want it?

Good luck with Cabair.

maxdrypower
14th Jan 2009, 17:08
Dont forget when you go to flite bites or even worse parley cross , take your single gold epaulette off you will look daft otherwise.
Having recently sat in flite bites and watched he cabair types having lunch , you will also need , in order to compliment your single epaulette , a large pair of Gold Wings , and I do mean large , Otherise you wont look good sitting in the classroom learning about fire extinguishers and polar stereographic etc etc etc

jamie230985
17th Jan 2009, 08:07
dont listen to the guys taking the piss, fly bites is ok and nobody will give u stick, at the end of the day every pilot has to go through the same exams so they all know the feeling.

I studied my ATPL's there a few years back and I had cabair branded stuff but only because I was given it free, you can wear what you like, just make sure you look smart and wear a pilot shirt as your appearence will be noted.

My advice if your training there is to get Keith and Tony on your side, they are both extremely usefull to use & if they like you then they will give up a lot of time to help out if you struggle with a subject.

Bournemouth is a good ATPL school and you'll do fine now they are taking the flying elseware but keep your head down, work bloody hard for 6 months & revise like crazy and you will do well, trust me I did!!