PDA

View Full Version : Im told to post.

bugdevheli
12th Jan 2009, 18:51
When i signed on today the header said, Buggy, you have not posted for many a day, get your finger out and raise a point for discussion. So my question for today is. Do helicopter companies really need business. I enquired of a company as to the possibility, and rough cost, to transport six people to a prestigious event and collect them for the return journey some hours later. I was told, "I will ring you back". 3 days later and no call. Is this normal throughout the industry?.

ShyTorque
12th Jan 2009, 19:02
You probably rang National Health Direct by mistake. They probably thought you were after an ambulance.

topendtorque
12th Jan 2009, 19:12
If you told them you were a pilot???? they would know that you don't have any money:suspect:

SASless
12th Jan 2009, 20:02
Since when does management talk to pilots?

500e
12th Jan 2009, 20:38
Why should helicopter Company's be any different?.

Whirlygig
12th Jan 2009, 20:41
Well, I quite often talk to myself - does that count? :}

Customer service is crucial for any business and I've been amazed at the number of aviation businesses with whom I've been in contact who have not responded to queries. Trouble is, too many businesses lose sight of the customer and spend too much time on internal stuff.

Cheers

Whirls

Bladecrack
12th Jan 2009, 21:08
I was told, "I will ring you back". 3 days later and no call. Is this normal throughout the industry?.

Bud,

This sad state of affairs is completely normal for the UK unfortunately, as I have found out from experience.. For example, last year I tried EVERY operator in the UK for a specific type rating, and out of the companies who could do it, all I got after numerous attempts to arrange it every time was, "someone will call you back" and "the person you need to speak to is not in today" etc etc...:ugh:

You would think I was begging them for money instead of trying to give them business.. In the end I went to France and did it, and all with far less fuss and MUCH better customer service. My instructor even bought ME lunch each day in the restaurant across the road from the airport! :D

Now that hard times are here, maybe those same companies will take a long hard look at their customer service, and for the ones that go under, well, good riddance..:mad:

BC

BC

ToTall
12th Jan 2009, 23:27
My instructor even bought ME lunch each day in the restaurant across the road from the airport!

BC, you know that food are cheaper and better in Franc then UK so no wonder :}

birrddog
12th Jan 2009, 23:49
I was told, "I will ring you back". 3 days later and no call. Is this normal throughout the industry?

In light of the times and in the spirit of your question, they probably did you a favour.

I tried to arrange to do my CPL(H) with silver state when they opened up in Newburgh, NY, was frustrated why they were so tardy at getting back to me and decided not to use them. (They also insisted you pay full boat, up front)

About a month later they closed, and saved me a chunk of change, though I never did do my CPL :sad: