PDA

View Full Version : questions on some exams

zuluflyer
12th Jan 2009, 16:41
what is the p of f exam like are there usually many new questions or is bristol enough to get through similarly with radio nav and air law? thanks for any advice

BRS_flyer
12th Jan 2009, 17:11
Not sure about the other two but have just done Air Law and I counted 2 questions that I hadn't seen in Bristol during prep. However I also did an Instruments exam which featured quite a few more new ones, so a bit variable.

12th Jan 2009, 18:21
Just sat all 3 of them last week.

Air Law = 99% Bristol Question Bank and Feedback papers.

Radio Nav = 90 - 95% Bristol Question Bank and Feedback papers.

PoF = 25% Bristol Question Bank and Feedback. I'm not sure if there were loads of new questions or the QB and Brush-up simply isn't as good for PoF as it is the other subjects?

Greg2041
12th Jan 2009, 18:31
The POF exam seems to have caused a lot of concern amongst question bank communities. I wonder what happened in the latest exam. Anyone know?

lg89
12th Jan 2009, 22:08
I took the exam in December and we saw about 8-10 new questions that we havnt seen before but if you know the theory behind the other questions then it will be no problems.

zuluflyer
13th Jan 2009, 17:01
so what your saying is u need to learn pof just like met

bajadj
13th Jan 2009, 18:40
Just (re)sat mass and balance and rad nav last week, i thought mass and balance was 21/22 questions bristol and radio nav was about 50/59 bristol.

Duchess_Driver
13th Jan 2009, 19:04
....in the works!

Dare I say it, but shouldn't one be focused on understanding the subject properly so that it doesn't matter what % of questions are in the QB's.

Hunker down boys......incoming!

bajadj
13th Jan 2009, 19:24
depends how often you plan on using polar stereographic charts or measuring the height and widths of markings on hot air balloons?

MMEMatty
13th Jan 2009, 19:25
Duchess_Driver;

Completely agree. Bristol is a great training aid, but to rely on it will put you at a serious disadvantage, if not in the exams themselves (I understand the CAA are trying to change the exams to limit the chances of people "bristoling" their way through them), then at the interview, type rating or flying stage.

Battlefield Bowler on...

bajadj
13th Jan 2009, 19:29
as far as I'm aware cqb 13 is still in use as cqb 14 was so piss poor that every country except sweden threw it out and the next change is due about this time next year with the cqb 15 and the easa syllabus. It's all very well making the exams less "bristolable" but not if it means lunatic questions and certainly not if it means the exam answers are wrong! that doesn't help anyone!

zuluflyer
14th Jan 2009, 18:16
sorry can we please keep to the subject of pof

bajadj
14th Jan 2009, 18:40
then why ask about radio nav and air law?

zuluflyer
15th Jan 2009, 16:20
because air law and radio nav have been answered

Greg2041
15th Jan 2009, 17:29
I'm sure Bristol are the best people to answer this question although I suspect that they were equally surprised with the exam. I am told that Bristol's database is pretty accurate so one wonders whether these questions are slowly being dripped in from the forthcoming CQB 15.

So Baz, what is happening?

16th Jan 2009, 09:30
I was comfortable with the Bristol QB and feedback and had spent a lot of time on the actual course material itself. I thought I couldn't have been much better prepared for the exam.

I thought that a lot of the 'new' questions that came up were unclear and poorly worded. I knew the course material, but for a lot of these questions, I wasn't clear on what they were even asking. It wasn't a case of the new questions simply being complex.

I spoke to several people afterwards, who all said the same thing.