PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet Hand Baggage Question

Katamarino
12th Jan 2009, 16:39
Hi all,

I have travelled to the UK for a weekend, and am heading back to NL tomorrow. While here, I have acquired a beautiful, handcrafted model which I need to take back with me. It's packed in a cardboard box, about 18" x 18" x 8", and while fairly well padded, I'd rather not check it in. I also have a small hand luggage bag, which contains a laptop, camera, electric razer etc, so there's no way I can check that in and carry the model as my single item of cabin baggage.

Any chance I could appeal to their kindness and take it with me in the cabin? Or is it possible to have it treated specially as a fragile item if checked in - I've seen on many occasions the way that baggage handlers treat the hold bags, and this will in no way be able to withstand being thrown onto a trailer and having suitcases piled atop it.

Thanks for any advice...

rubik101
13th Jan 2009, 11:01
Bundle the two together and see if it exceeds the carry on baggage size. If not, no problem.
If it does, get on your knees.
Failing that, UPS it.

GwynM
13th Jan 2009, 12:37
buy a baggy jacket with massive pockets and empty the contents of your hand baggage into it. See if the laptop fits into the same bag as your model.

If necessary, wear 3 shirts, 2 pullovers and 2 jackets if checking in at a desk or going through security, then take them off once through.

Desert Diner
13th Jan 2009, 13:03
If necessary, wear 3 shirts, 2 pullovers and 2 jackets if checking in at a desk

And keep the camera etc. in the coat pockets while you are checking in. And when you have been checked in (and probably you carry on has been weighted) go to the bar area, have a pint, and replace all the items into your carry on. I've seen this happen countless times on Ryannair flights:}

UniFoxOs
13th Jan 2009, 13:20
Also not if you are flying from Luton, it doesn't matter what EJ say, the security staff will not let you take more than one item through

UFO

VAFFPAX
13th Jan 2009, 22:10
Definitely do the "wear everything through security" thing. Vueling, Easyjet, Ryanair, they all don't notice because ultimately it's the airport security that's retarded like that.

S.