PDA

View Full Version : Sky Airlines - Turkey

Professor Rubik
12th Jan 2009, 15:46
Hi all,

Can anyone throw any light on this situation ?

I had a simulator assessment with Sky Airlines in Turkey during October last year. It took place at RWL in Germany and although it was fairly easy, I performed well and was offered a one year contract. The base would initially be Saudi, and then Antalya for the summer season.
Obviously I was very pleased.

A few weeks later a general email was issued stating that there was a delay from the Turkish Ministry of Work in processing visa applications for foreign pilots. It stated that this was bad for them and us, as they may run short of Pilots and that they did not know how long this delay may be.

Since then I have heard nothing and despite continuous efforts I have not been able to converse with them in a way as to decipher what is going on. Don’t get me wrong, I respect it’s their rules, and their English is infinitely better than my Turkish !!
It’s just very frustrating as they seem very laid back in their approach to everything and opportunities like that don’t come my way very often so I don’t want to miss out.

If anyone knows anything about the company, this process, the delay, or also went for an assessment with them and is either still waiting like myself or is now working for them, I would welcome your comments.

Thank you.

chrislikesblue
12th Jan 2009, 22:25
When did they offer you the job? I also called them,they mentioned something about a new contract coming up in Saudi but they didnt offer any position.

Professor Rubik
13th Jan 2009, 22:00
Offer was straight after sim assessment in October.

mokilu
14th Jan 2009, 20:54
Saudia operation was cancelled and they had to ground some airplanes.
That is the reason why they did not call nobody.