PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Ex. WWII RAF personnel, any discipline

The Recorder
12th Jan 2009, 14:49
I am collecting previously unpublished accounts by RAF servicemen in the last war. It is my endeavour to record as many of these as possible before those who experienced them pass on to the the Great Hangar above. I am trying to record a complete cross-section of life in the RAF, not just aircrew. I would welcome any material from ex-members or their descendants. I also desperately need good photographs of wartime aircraft, in particular one of a Stirling which I need for the Stirling memorial plaque I produce (see website) and for the Stirling Aircraft Society Magazine (see their website also). For those of you unaquainted with the aims of the Society, their ambition is to reconstruct as much of a Stirling as possible as there is not a single example left anywhere in the world. This task has been rendered almost impossibly difficult as Shorts destroyed all the drawings and the whole aircraft is having to be re-drawn where possible from photographs and surviving pieces of scrap. Help in this task is desperately needed. :sad:

TEEEJ
12th Jan 2009, 22:13
Have you tried the following forum?

Historic Aviation

Historic Aviation - Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums (http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=4)

TJ

cliffnemo
25th Jan 2009, 16:47
Search for cliffnemo in military aircrew. Obtaining a pilots brevet in world war 2
CLIFF.