PDA

View Full Version : Hoorah for Wills & the rest of the Royal Family

tezzer
12th Jan 2009, 01:22
BBC NEWS | UK | Prince begins RAF rescue training (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7821017.stm)

tezzer
12th Jan 2009, 01:35
They do say timing is everything........

Mk7a flak deflector perhaps ?

Fg Off Max Stout
12th Jan 2009, 10:08
Nice post YF. Never let the facts get in the way of a blinkered, militant, axe-grinding, republican agenda, eh!

jindabyne
12th Jan 2009, 10:28
Don't be too hard on him Max - he may actually have thought it through sensibly, and would much prefer to have President Brown as his CinC :rolleyes:

boogie-nicey
12th Jan 2009, 10:57
I applaud him, well done if I recall his father did some time on Provosts and Wessex helicopters too.

What causes me discomfort is the usual reporting from the BBC stating very early on that his commanding officers say they won't afford him any special treatment. This is clearly so important for the Bolshi BBC as if his commanding officers are running a state school and the rich boy wwill have to follow the school rules like everyone else. Surely the officers in charge know exactly what their role is and how they going to run their outfit without the BBC acting as the usual watchdog on behalf of the jealous left.

Oh and by the way well done on the new S&R role ;)

12th Jan 2009, 11:10
A particularly fine-looking fellow in the LHS of the Sea King though;)

FE Hoppy
12th Jan 2009, 12:18
YF.

nobber

out.

Blacksheep
12th Jan 2009, 12:20
when a prime minister can pass legislation to have her beheaded, and she is obliged to give it the royal assent"When I nods me head, hit it..." to quote good old Fred the Wheeltapper.

I do wonder why he has changed his surname to Wales though. If I'm not mistaken, his father is HRH Prince Charles Philip Arthur George Windsor, Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall, Earl of Somewhere else and just so's he can officially wear a tartan kilt, the Thane of Cawdor - Windsor being the family name and Prince of Wales his title - which is not yet the title of HRH Prince William. The name change can hardly be meant to bestow anonymity or to distance him from t'auld misery, wor Betty.

Rossian
12th Jan 2009, 14:53
Brings back to mind the remark by Jock Wingate when the lad's dad was coming to the Nimrod Sim at Kinloss for "famil".

" 'Course I'll treat him like any other Flt Lt (pause) who's going to be the King of Great Britain"

Really though, some real mean-mindedness coming to the fore again; it's very depressing to see.

yourfather: The REAL pity is that the Queen doesn't have the authority to behead GB as an incompetent PM.
The Ancient Mariner

ninja-lewis
12th Jan 2009, 20:00
"I do wonder why he has changed his surname to Wales though. If I'm not mistaken, his father is HRH Prince Charles Philip Arthur George Windsor, Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall, Earl of Somewhere else and just so's he can officially wear a tartan kilt, the Thane of Cawdor - Windsor being the family name and Prince of Wales his title - which is not yet the title of HRH Prince William. The name change can hardly be meant to bestow anonymity or to distance him from t'auld misery, wor Betty."

I think senior members Royal Family don't have surnames. Windsor is simply the name of the Royal House - only members of the family without the the Royal Highness and Prince/Princess titles use Mountbatten-Windsor. When a surname is required, they simply take their title. e.g. the Duchess of Kent uses Kent.

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
12th Jan 2009, 20:13
It may have been preferrable not to have fed the Trolls. Who knows, had the silence continued for long enough, they might have divulged what duties they, themselves, have performed to the good of their respective nations.

It's particularly telling that the Media and the public seem to have little grasp of Service camaraderie and banter. It's perhaps also telling that the Cs of S haven't seen fit to announce that it is a Service matter to be dealt with in whatever way the Service sees fit. For what it's worth, my notion of "fit" would be advice to watch one's back and choose friends and close acquaintances more carefuly.

Why are we being turned into a nation of thin skinned nancies with a persecution complex?

G B Z; Honkie, Pom, Limey and Brit Bastard and proud of it.

B Fraser
13th Jan 2009, 04:27
Ye Royale Spinne Doctores invented Mountbatten as an anglified alternative to Battenburg which had some rather unpopular sausage eating connotations. It could also be argued that the surname should more accurately be Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg.

peterperfect
13th Jan 2009, 05:39
When Prince Andrew turned up at Portland for his Lynx conversion he sauntered into the bosses office after shareholders and announced to the CO that he wants to be treated like any other student....

Bob calmly said: "well p*ss off then, if I want to speak to you I'll call for you" !!

antisthenes
13th Jan 2009, 07:48
i just hope the Stn Cdr doesn't do any FARP lessons for currency!

Wholigan
13th Jan 2009, 07:49
yourfather - all I can say in best USA style is - - - your mother!

ShyTorque
13th Jan 2009, 08:51
i like the boldness of the plan though...
i mean he already has unauthorised chopper flying experience on the taxpayer,
why not make the taxpayer pay 800,000 for training up the prince in rescue missions.

YF, So you are concerned about the UK taxpayer from your quoted location, presumably in Indonesia? How considerate. Now do us all a favour, sod off and take your jealousy with you. :rolleyes:

dakkg651
13th Jan 2009, 09:14
Shy Torque

My sentiments exactly!

YF

I know that everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Here's mine.

W****R

cazatou
13th Jan 2009, 09:26
ShyTorque

I concur - if his age is quoted correctly they were born the same year. One wonders what contribution YF has made to the UK.

Jackonicko
13th Jan 2009, 11:20
A bit sad that YF's opinion is deemed so bloody dangerous that it's been removed, however, unless, of course, he had an outbreak of good sense and removed it himself.

EESDL
13th Jan 2009, 11:34
that residents of Falklands can no longer be referred too as "Stills........."?

leopold bloom
13th Jan 2009, 16:10
The name Saxe-Coburg-Gotha came to the British Royal Family in 1840 with the marriage of Queen Victoria to Prince Albert, son of Ernst, Duke of Saxe-Coburg & Gotha. Queen Victoria herself remained a member of the House of Hanover.

The only British monarch of the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha was King Edward VII, who reigned for nine years at the beginning of the modern age in the early years of the twentieth century.

King George V replaced the German-sounding title with that of Windsor during the First World War
Reminds me of a scene from Black Adder.:\

ChristopherRobin
13th Jan 2009, 19:42
it is SO annoying when someone makes a complete @rse of himself and then the post is removed before I have a chance to read it. Still, I guess YF will soon be back to justify whatever he did say in order that we all realise that he was right after....hang on....

206Fan
13th Jan 2009, 20:18
Fair play to the prince, hope it all goes well for him.

Dave