PDA

View Full Version : Do you need help with aircraft ferrying ?

60fo
10th Jan 2009, 20:18
I am a CPL IR ME FI pilot with around 330h that are wondering if any one would need help with Aircraft Ferrying within Europe and the Middle east. I am located in Sweden and can reach most big airports with low cost airlines. I can also operate with short notis. Donīt hesitate to contact me if you need help.

Email bushpiloten (at) gmail.com

BRL
10th Jan 2009, 21:00
What do you charge????????????

S-Works
11th Jan 2009, 11:01
With all due respect, you may struggle to find people who will let you loose as a ferry pilot with only 330 hours. Perhaps worth getting some time under your belt and seeking out a ferry pilot who will show you the ropes.

Pace
11th Jan 2009, 13:33
With all due respect, you may struggle to find people who will let you loose as a ferry pilot with only 330 hours. Perhaps worth getting some time under your belt and seeking out a ferry pilot who will show you the ropes.

Having done Jet Ferries myself I didnt get the impression that he meant as the Captain and ferry pilot but more shared flight with an experienced ferry pilot for hour and experience building.

He may get that if he covers his own expenses and doesnt expect payment.
It is a good way and a cheap way of building hours quickly multi engine especially as the legs are long. Many ferry pilots are happy to allow the co-pilot to fly and log many of the hours.

Ferrying is a totally different type of flying with different challenges and would require experience. It can be the most rewarding and exciting flying you will find.

Pace

KFTW
11th Jan 2009, 15:44
Hi,

I am JAA fAtpl,FI holder with 700 hours.I would like to fly as second pilot or experienced current ME-IR pilot on twin engine a/c for free:ok:.Please don't hesitate to PM me.

Regards,
KFTW

tdbristol
11th Jan 2009, 18:29
I have just had my aircraft ferried from the US and all UK insurance companies I asked demanded that the ferry pilot had already done at least 5 crossings on the nominated route, plus was incident free - so for an aircraft insured in the UK it can't be just someone with lots of hours. (And the insurance was heinous.)
However, a friend of mine recently ferried his own aircraft himself from the US: he is based in Belgium and the insurance company there (a) allowed him to do it and (b) insured him for the ferry at low cost. (And yes I asked the Belgian insurance company but they would not do it - the key appears to be where you live.)