PDA

View Full Version : R 44 checklist

MICK6R4
10th Jan 2009, 10:19
Hi does anyone know where i can get an R44 "A" checklist published by James Benson .Cheers

heliheaven
10th Jan 2009, 11:17
Hi,
Bad news and bad news I m affraid.
I only ever did a checklist for the R22 never got round to doing one for the
R44.
The other bad news is that to my knowledge they are nt being produced anymore. I will ask the guys who produced and sold them for me if they have any.
You might try a few of the flying schools some kept them in stock Sloane helis had some last time I was passing through. I believe Sandtoft helis had some as well. Worth a try Good luck.

Jimbo

KNIEVEL77
10th Jan 2009, 11:31
There was am R22 one on Ebay recently, not sure if it is still there though!

Mine came with a CD but can't seem to open it as i'm using a Mac!

HeliCraig
12th Jan 2009, 08:29
Mick,

I have an electronic copy of the R22 A Check as a power point presentation - and if James doesn't object I could happily send you a copy if you wanted it.

Up to James really, as it is his work! (And very good work it is too - many thanks James!).

Rgds,

C.

heli-mad
12th Jan 2009, 12:47
Hi there

I recently produced some for our school. They are in waterproof paper and very handy. Have A check, pre-start and start checks and all emergerncies... PM me if need any more info.

H-M:ok:

heliheaven
14th Jan 2009, 15:27
Hi, send me your email and I ll send you an electronic copy
[email protected]
jimbo

Fark'n'ell
15th Jan 2009, 06:54
Why do you need a checklist.Read the flight manual and work it out for yourself. Seems to me these days everyone is running around clutching checklists. Can't you bloody well remember anything you are taught. Have an engine quit at 80 feet in a chopper and try pulling out a checklist.

feathering tickles
15th Jan 2009, 08:16
Dear FnE,

Its says clearly in the first post "A" check - this means pre-flight check.

The product is a very useful training aid/ aide memoire for new pilots.

Last time I looked in the "Flight Manual" there were no smartly labelled photographs or additional notes about what to actually look out for. This product provides both.

asianrotorhunter
15th Jan 2009, 13:45
I must agree with F'n'E.

I started out flying R22/R44 and if you wanted to know how to do something just read the very simple RFM and USE YOUR BRAIN!
If someone needs a checklist for a R44 then they're not cut out for helicopters, and should go back to they're desk job.
:rolleyes:

anti-talk
16th Jan 2009, 16:19
Use of checklists is recommended by the FAA at all times and it is good airmanship to do so!
Perhaps the pilot who doesnt use one should go back to their (sic) desk job
Its a 'checklist' not a do list!

r44flyer
16th Jan 2009, 19:46
I must agree with F'n'E.

I started out flying R22/R44 and if you wanted to know how to do something just read the very simple RFM and USE YOUR BRAIN!
If someone needs a checklist for a R44 then they're not cut out for helicopters, and should go back to they're desk job.

Tell me about it. All these commercial pilots in two-crew ops running through endless checklists... what a waste of time. Just remember it all, push the buttons and get on with it. :rolleyes:

:ugh:

What Limits
16th Jan 2009, 21:35
.................until you forget to do something and then get sued for the repairs / fired for NEGLIGENCE............

r44flyer
16th Jan 2009, 21:53
What Limits... I should point out that I wasn't being serious in my post!

I've never not used a checklist.

Rotorhead412
21st Jan 2009, 22:24
I came across an 'A' check book made by a company in weston airport (leixlip, ireland) but although it was a good attempt at creating a full easy to read checklist including pictures...

It was a good idea, in that it had pictures labelled with the part to look at, but i was missing several items, and to the new trainee, they wouldn't be able to tell what a sprag clutch was for example, and to this day, i have yet to find one that actually doesn't have any negatives to it...

My advice would be to go to your local school, and get an instructor to go through it with you, at least then you'll have a proper insight into the CORRECT workings of the machine, rather than approaching it blindfolded!!

Get a 'lesson' on the pre-flight, then make your own, people understand things better when it comes from there own person, 1st hand!

As time consuming as it may be, it'll be worth it! :\