PDA

View Full Version : Landing a helo at or near Liverpool

airbourne
9th Jan 2009, 21:39
Did a bit of a search with no results. How much does it cost to land at liverpool airport? Or is there anywhere near the airport that you can put down a heli? Info appreciated.

magpienja
10th Jan 2009, 17:10
Where is it you need to go after landing,

As for Liverpool I think you need to talk to Ravenair, they do all the handling,

Ravenair Air Charter and Flying Training (http://www.ravenair.co.uk/)

Nick.

airbourne
10th Jan 2009, 22:59
Ryanair flight into LPL, then usually its an hours drive to Hawarden. Hour there and hour back driving and the return flights arent at great times so looking for the short heli flight there and back.

tb10er
11th Jan 2009, 07:45
There are a number of "unoffical" landing sites in the area, all controlled by LPL approach controllers.

Why not give them a call to discuss your needs.

If they know about you in advance, they you are likely to get a very good service from them.

rotorboater
11th Jan 2009, 08:27
It shouldn't take more than 1/2 hour to drive hawarden, its motorway all the way, by the time you get through LPL airport hitlers to the heli & crank it up you could be almost there.

scooter boy
11th Jan 2009, 11:28
Landing in Liverpool...
If you're lucky when you've landed you'll get some scouse kids offering to "watch yer chopper for a fiver, mister..."
It's the kind of offer you really can't refuse.;)

SB

magpienja
11th Jan 2009, 13:03
Could you not chopper into hawarden, I would have thought they have customs ect there.

Nick.

airbourne
11th Jan 2009, 15:17
I dont think you get what Im talking about. I am training in Hawarden! So im not flying there. I take the cheapo Ryanair flight from Dublin to Liverpool. But the times of the return flight are either 16:00 or 22:00 so I dont fancy hanging around for ages after training. But because of the length of time it takes to drive it, I am looking for my instructor to dog leg it over, pick us up and fly back to Hawarden and then back to Liverpool in time for the 16:00 flight home.

Where are these unoficial places to land and R44?

magpienja
11th Jan 2009, 22:29
All becomes clear.

Nick.

HeliCraig
12th Jan 2009, 09:06
I flew into Liverpool in October and have to say that the chaps at Ravenair were very helpful. Heli also found in the same state the following day!

Just found the invoice. It was £26 handling from Ravenair, and £31 landing fee (for a R44).

HTH.

C.