PDA

View Full Version : What next....

omarz1978
9th Jan 2009, 15:03
Hey everyone, in the middle of studying for my ATPL exams and was wondering if it would be a good idea to start my CPL training now or wait until I have finished the exams. I know I won't be able to have the skills test until I have passed them all, but thought it might be a good idea to speed things up. Thoughts?

mcgoo
9th Jan 2009, 17:12
No point rushing to the unemployment queue!

Nashers
9th Jan 2009, 17:44
you cant start your CPL training without the required hours and the groundschool passed. if your already doing your ATPL exams you should know this already.

Whirlygig
9th Jan 2009, 17:49
As far as I know you can start the CPL without having passed all the exams; however, you must have passed them before you take the skill test. You must though have the correct number of hours before you start the CPL training.

However, a CPL course is usually quite intensive and most people do it pretty much full-time. There's no point putting extra pressure on yourself to have to study and take exams as well plus, if you do fail any and your skill test is consequently delayed, you'll get rusty and then you'll need refresher training which would nd up more costly.

So, there is very little point in starting the flying; just concentrate on one thing at a time.

Cheers

Whirls

smith
9th Jan 2009, 18:36
Unless your old man own's a citation mustang, I don't see the point in rushing to get it done.