PDA

View Full Version : Schenzen and Deere Airlines Contracts

RWP
8th Jan 2009, 00:01
Can anyone comment on working for Schenzen and/or Deere Airlines on contract through WASINC or VOR Holdings?

Thanks

Wayne

DesiPilot
8th Jan 2009, 06:17
I'd be interested in the information as well. I know Deere is offering commuting contract, what about Shenzhen? Anyone working for any of these airlines and can give first hand information.

Cheers,
DesiPilot

mstng66
13th Jan 2009, 20:44
Hi guys,
I'm also interested in Shenzhen and particulary in DeerAir because of the rooster, unfortunatly DeerAir is no longer hiring since last december, vor holdings, dpi, rishword and all the others are still posting this, but once you aplly and wait for them to submit your application, they send you a mail telling you that they're on hold until further adv, they say that they will announce their plans for 2009 in feb, lets wait and see, have you tried JuneYao? They have a little better rosster and monthly pay than Deer, check the DPI website.
Good luck!:ok:

JotaJota
15th Jan 2009, 17:22
Hello all,

Tried em all. Interview w/ a few and took the job w/ Deer. In training as we speak. Takes forever to get started. After removing any restrictions (VMC - Circle only) that you might have on your AB Type, you'll need records from the FBI, FAA, local PD, current employer/CP office, highest education level cert/diploma, CIA and KGB! Just kidding on the last two...

As far as I know Deer is STILL interviewing as I speak w/ my agent fairly often. They are NOT adding new candidates due to having a few already in the pool. 4 from my Crew company in Feb.

Now to Crew Leasing companies, all of the ones mentioned here seem to be ok. Something to take into consideration is if the company has office(s) in China. If not they will report income (IRS1099) to the IRS. Things to think about.

I am not aware on an Airbus captain contract with better pay/roster than Deer in China , and believe that Juneyao's is not. I might be wrong.

I will submit my paperwork to EVERY recruiter, not sign any exclusivity agreements and see who gets me the interview first. In my case, one of the mentioned crew companies here canceled my interview twice a few days prior to leaving for China. Later on told me that they were no hiring. A week later got interviewed while using a different agent/company. I will not give details as who it was, but just keep in mind that things are done VERY different in China, not like in the US, so different crew companies can achieve different things.

If you WANT a job in China start studying for the ATPL, as there is about a 40-50% failure rate. Also exercise if you are not in shape, cause the CAAC medical is FUN! Slow down on the alcohol consumption (if you are a typical pilot), because the blood test will check for everything, and liver function is one of them. I have a few friends and acquaintances that have failed either/or by a (RCH) hair.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

tom2713
19th Jan 2009, 08:36
I am thinking about going to Shenzhen or Deer. But I am still wondering about the economic situation and the future in China.
Anyone of you guys there in China has a clue about the financial status of these carriers and of course about job security?

Cheers

On Final
19th Jan 2009, 22:17
I think China is still going strong for now.The fuel prices are down and China is still trying to futher develope their airline sector. The economy has slowed some from 12% to 8% growth which by other comparisons it is still a strong economy.

As far as job security as a pilot I dont think you will get it. You can minimise your exposure by trying to stay clean, stay healthy and always try to fly "current" "mainstream" aircraft.

If you are flying a B-717, Md-80, B-727, and even a B-767 time to start thinking about getting current on a B-737, A-320, A-330, B-747, B-777.

Good luck On Final

tom2713
20th Jan 2009, 12:45
Thanks a lot, mate !

I am current and well experienced on A320. So that wont be a problem. My only concern is leaving my current employer (major carrier in Europe), leaving my spot in the seniority list, for a new ooportunity in China which is likely to be hit by the subprime crisis.

Cheers

fatbus
20th Jan 2009, 14:27
Tom why? Have a good think about it before making the move. If you can ride out this strom where you are.

JotaJota
21st Jan 2009, 00:19
Tom, valid points and all the feedback is on target. I personally took a leave from my employer, so I can return as I wish. If I ever want to...

Good luck!