PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter Pilot Rush...

sunny441
7th Jan 2009, 22:33
Rush for copter training at HAL academy-Bangalore-Cities-The Times of India (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Bangalore/Rush_for_copter_training_at_HAL_academy/articleshow/3944056.cms)

Amazing. simply amazing. wonder how many unemployed Chopper pilots will be sitting around in the near future. reminds one of the CPL rush in the last few years!

Auschick
8th Jan 2009, 13:16
wow 20 months for a CPL :hmm:

So at least that means i should have some job security until I get booted out of the country next year :}

I am a little confused as to why the army can't train the officers though? but I wish the rates were that good when I did my licence

Wondering how difficult it is to start a flying school here?

Rotorhead1026
8th Jan 2009, 16:03
Amazing. simply amazing

it's not nearly the size of the rush for fixed-wing ratings, but ... I still have to agree. W. C. Fields was right. ("There's a sucker born every minute".)

So they're lookin' for helicopter CFI's, huh? I'm one. Oh, yeah, I'm outta here after June, 2010. Never mind ... :(

sunny441
8th Jan 2009, 20:18
indeed, very true. I saw a posting online - offering CPL for fixed wing at about 16 -18000 US$ (about 800,000 Indian RS) in US, UK and Phillipines. Seemed very tempting and sent an email to the guy only to get a reply that shocked me. Seen as the airlines need 200 hours, the guy blatantly said that only 60 hours of actual flying would be needed and the rest would be faked to get a DGCA license. Wonder how many people got roped in to that scheme. Also wonder how many of the F/O's have fake hours logged!!

Helicopter CFI's will be in big demand for a few months...