PDA

View Full Version : Knowledge or Experience of the Cabair Assessment Day?

Piper146
7th Jan 2009, 21:38
Hello,

I will shortly be taking part in the Cabair Assessment Day and wanted to know if anybody is able to give me an idea what to expect on the day itself? I'm familiar with the structure that Cabair have advised i.e. Maths, Physics and Aptitude testing followed by an interview, but would appreciate the perspective of somebody who has actually done it. There is a lot of information on pprune that is quite old so I was hoping for some recent info.

What type of Maths and Physics questions were you asked? What type of tests came up in the aptitude testing? I have bought the aptitude tests that cockpit web do and have been practising those. Any tips?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Piper146

ldyypd
8th Jan 2009, 18:11
Do the maths and physics examples on the website - some of them may come up in the actual test.

Cockpitweb thing will probably help a bit with the pilapt test. Just practice multitasking. To be honest I dont think you can really prepare for that bit, you just have to go for it on the day.

Be personable with the other candidates and staff throughout the day since they also want to see you have the social skills for the career you're going into.

Best of luck with it!

Piper146
8th Jan 2009, 19:37
Thank you ldyypd,

I'll get myself on to the Cabair website again and learn though’s maths and physics questions off by hart.
Really just want the day to get here now, so i can give it my best. Thanks again for the advice.

Piper146

cpumad
9th Jan 2009, 12:29
Went of the same selection process with Cabair recently. Best practise for the Maths and Physics tests is some old GCSE exam papers if you still have them. I guess any GCSE revision sites could help (BBC bitesize for example). As for the aptitude tests, they use Pilapt suite (if that helps) which is very similar to the cockpitweb website.

As for the interview, basic knowledge on flight mechanics (like how a wing works, what are flaps and how they work etc.) is required, as well as the usual, "why do you want to be a pilot?" question.

However, I was asked a question that must have more weight in recent times and that is how you are going to fund the course. Make sure you know exactly where your money is coming from, remember there are very few loans avaliable.