PDA

View Full Version : CPL, Multi and IR in US

grahama
7th Jan 2009, 11:53
I am considering taking 3-4 months this year in the US (preferably Florida) to undertake further traing towards a commercial rating and career in flying.

Could anyone advise on good or bad experiences with Florida schools or better still recommend one.

I have distance learning package from Naples but no experience of actual training with them.

Have heard some horror stories regarding lack of instructors planes etc.

Want an efficient high quality school to make the most of my time

Thanks

Graham

chongololo
7th Jan 2009, 14:57
I don't have any experience with schools in Florida but they might be more expensive than others especially since many of them cater towards European or foreign students.
There are plenty of instructors out there these days since they can't get jobs at the airlines, so no problem there.
Do not pre-pay for your training, very risky and you might get ripped off.
Please think very carefully about your decision to become a commercial pilot, the industry is in the toilet and will remain there for some time.
Good luck.

jxc
7th Jan 2009, 16:45
Would you not be better just to do in the UK what with the exchange rates between usa and here ?

i have been looking into a non equity share on DA42 up in black pool seems very good value . I was looking at using it for cpl me and IR all in the same plane and just pay for the instructor

pm me if you want the companies website

Jxc