PDA

View Full Version : Ctc Wings Apptitude Tests

MARKDAVIES1981
6th Jan 2009, 20:37
Hi I have been accepted onto stage two of the ctc wings pilot scheme

does anyone have any information on what the aptitude tests are on, and some examples? Following that what is the simulator test like? and is there an interview?
I am an instrument engineer so therefore have have great experience in gas turbines, are there any questions in the interview asking to explain how jet engines work etc?

kind regards

mrfilbert
7th Jan 2009, 00:16
Have a look at the two threads on the subject of the CTC Wings Cadet Scheme, each amounting to several hundred pages of posts, which are to be found on the 'Interviews, Jobs and Sponsorship' forum. There is also a great deal of information about the simulator test there.

Before you go to your stage 2, it might be wise at some point to visit CTC's website. This will help you to ascertain whether or not there is an interview.

Are you a troll?

All the best. :ok:

99jolegg
7th Jan 2009, 12:51
Stage 2 and 3 comprise of aptitude tests, a maths test, 2 team working exercises and an interview.

Aptitude tests are PILAPT tests...info can be found here: http://www.pprune.org/2733121-post950.html

The maths test is essentially a speed maths test...one minute per question all quite basic stuff...long addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Other basic numerical functions including conversions.

Team working exercises are fairly straightforward...listen to what you've got to do, give your opinion and accept others'.

Interview is with one assessor. Basic questions about personality, the aviation industry and CTC as a company. Also some more challenging and though provoking questions will be asked on some topics about the industry, personality and CTC. Try to cover all bases rather than predict every question you'll be asked - you will never cover every question so read up on everything relevant to a cadet, relevant to CTC and relevant to the aviation industry.

This is the CTC Wings thread:

http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/250640-ctc-wings-cadets-thread-part-2-a.html

Good luck!

Burger81
7th Jan 2009, 21:43
Mark,

I recently went through the CTC Cadet application process, but failed on Phase 4 the 737 Fixed Base Sim Assessment. All information given above is good. Nothing too difficult if your basic Maths is up to scratch.

Do you already have any flying experience? I had been up for 1 hour some time ago and asked if there was anything i could do to prepare for Phase 4. I was told (by one of the CTC Interviewers) there wasn't anything i could do as my time in the sim would be assessed based on my experience, which was nil. They would be looking for my learning curve and ability to take on board information whilst holding a normal conversation with the Instructor. After failing the assessment and during my feedback session, I was told that i could've bought Microsoft Flight Sim or if it was possible, maybe have had a session in the sim prior to my assessment as it was mainly my SCAN that had let me down. I was concentrating too much on one particular instrument trying to get it perfect, then by the time I had moved on to the next one, it was way out. Having a sim session or playing about on Flight Sim apparently would have helped this!!!!!! :mad:
Immediately after the session with the Instructor when he was asking how I thought it had gone etc etc, I told him i thought my scan ahd let me down a bit, but otherwise thought it had gone ok considering my experience. He 'appeared' to agree and said not to worry as the scan is something that come with time and hrs!! Obviously still wasn't good enough!

Anyway, good luck with it all.

:ok: