PDA

View Full Version : information on Full Sutton Flying Centre

dave1975
6th Jan 2009, 20:06
Has anyone heard of “Full Sutton Flying Centre”, 8 miles east of York? They have an impressive website www.thegreatcircle.co.uk (http://www.thegreatcircle.co.uk/) offering a range of fast track courses such as your PPL completed with exams in 21 days and a fast track PPL Theory ground school in 5 days, and then you sit the exams. This costs £150 per subject. Has anyone any experience of them? I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has been there.

conk757
10th Mar 2009, 21:03
Just been looking at this site.
Just wondered if anyone had any feedback on them????
Was going to go and do fast track PPL for a couple of subjects.

Cheers

Conk757

Mickey Kaye
11th Mar 2009, 11:52
I'm in a pretty good position to advise here being very familiar with Full Sutton.

"The Great Circle" is run by a guy called Adam Berrington and he specializes in fast track flying courses. He uses the aircraft and facilities of Full Sutton Flying Center to do this.

He has an excellent reputation and is an excellent teacher and in fact he was a maths teacher before qualifying as a flying instructor. He has also taught to CPL standard in the past. So I personally think that he offers excellent value for money. There can't be many CPL qualified instructors who teach PPL, IMC etc for the price he charges.

Full Sutton Flying Center is located in a very nice part of the UK but then I live in York so I am a little biased. However it is a little tricky to find by car as you have to drive through the industrial estate to the aero club.

Cas Smith is the CFI and really sets the standard making the place very welcome. They have the usual selection of aircraft and the prices off the top of my head are.

C150 and C152 £78.00 per hour
x2 PA-28 140 (but have 150 HP engines) VFR nav kit. £85 and £90 quid an hour.
Slingsby firefly £125.00 per hour.
They also have a couple of IFR equipped warriors but i've never flown these so can't remember the price.
The instructor is another 20 or 25 quid on top depending what you are doing.

I will be down their over the weekend and possibly all weekend depending on the weather and I would be able to point out the whos whos of the place and give you some introductions if you require.

PM me if you want my mobile number