PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Cabin Crew

Bn02fly
6th Jan 2009, 19:23
I have a recruitment day invite including interview with st james management to become part of ryanair's cabin crew.(tomorrow)

I have however discovered some loopholes.
The recruitment day is for training in february.
I (after having to ask) discovered that i would have to pay £500 for training a month before it began. Not £250 as i had previously read.
Then after completion of the course must pay £1000 either in a lump sum or deducted for 9 months in -£130 per month from the salary i would earn. which they claim is around (being the key word) £1100 after deductions.(not raining deductions)

But then it was also mentioned i was guarenteed a job with ryanair.
I was then told i could claim a new starters allowance... of £1000 whcih was paid in 3 installments within the first 6 months.

I have since read articles of ryanair crew being dismissed less than 12months after starting, quite abruptly and the reason given was sales on board were too low. (ryanair denies this)

And of course the oh so famous dispatches investigation.Which currently i havent seen but as my interview is tomorrow i am looking for!

I have no plans to sign up for anything tomorrow... but it would be nice to hear back your views soon please! Thankyou for you're time!

P.s Sorry its lengthy

Oh i forgot i will have to relocate to stansted during training aswell as it is a 3 hour drive away! I will post what i discover tomorrow for those who would like to know what they say foer themselves.

pamann
6th Jan 2009, 19:48
Firstly try posting in the cabin crew forum you're in the wrong forum "Airlines, Airports & Routes".

Secondly you seem to have done some homework so why not go for any other airline that actually PAY YOU while you train, guarantee you a job, don't expect you to pay for your uniform, ID, medical AND are grateful to have you as part of their team rather than making you feel like you own them a huge favour just to work for them!

You seem like you have some sense already, what other airlines out there charge you to work for them??? Hello!!! Alarm bells should be ringing!!!:ugh:

BALLSOUT
6th Jan 2009, 20:25
It all depends how you look at this. I work for ryanair and work with new cabin crew all the time. This may not be the best opportunity in the world but at least it can give you a chance to see what it's like. Some don't last five minutes, others stay for years and progress trough the ranks.
I'm sure you would find working for some other airlines more rewarding, but are they offering. Is your glass half empty or half full?

Bn02fly
6th Jan 2009, 20:52
Firstly, of course, thankyou for your replies.
I have entered the info on cabin crew wannabes as well i merely placed it here as a proposal for conversation about airline flaws. (oh and the fact that this section gets a lot more viewers)

I agree with both points to be honest. In a way i think the money is possibly more of a security blanket on their part as there is a huge danger their airline can run at a loss if markets change. Securing money now secures how confident you are and how willing to work you are.
But i do agree thats its suspicious and im not letting go of my money without good reason.

I have found it difficult however to find other airlines recruiting at the moment and in the past few months. Possibly to do with the current state of economy in this country. (also bare in mind i am under 21 so many of the big airlines will not accept me)

I do actually have qualifications in aviation and have dreams of being a pilot and have already undergone several lessons. But dreams cost money.

I know cabin crew isnt ideal. But its a foot in the door. Right? But is paying out a possible £1,500 that could be heading me further towards my dream worth it? Or should i sit tight.

BYALPHAINDIA
6th Jan 2009, 21:39
Good Luck,

'Rather You Than Me'

Had a mate who flew for FR - not for long thou, Apart from the 'Complexexd' working conditions & hours, He once told me that some of the crew were 'barely' old enough to drive a car never mind serve meals on a 737 -800!

Regards.