PDA

View Full Version : TridentAvia-Corendon B737 line training!

Mr GinoPino
6th Jan 2009, 16:43
I I was offer the opportunity from TridentAvia for a line training on the B737 with Corendon Aviation in Turkey for 8750€ with 100 block hrs.
Currently I hold a B737-300 series Type Rating but with now hours on it so I am unemployed; I am also in a holding pool for an European company but there are not certain dates for the 2009 course yet and my Type is expiring soon.
Now without starting a mass bitching session, can anyone give me some info about TridentAvia and Corendon?! Did anyone already did this scheme?! Any useful info are welcome,
Thk guys! :ok:

Norrington
6th Jan 2009, 17:38
I have never heard about TridentAvia. So I can't give any comments.

But I would be VERY careful to give any money to a new company, especially in the line training business! Besides, the market is dead right now and 100hrs will not get you anywhere. The best possible outcome is to stay in Corendon, (if possible).

BlueVolta
7th Jan 2009, 09:25
Just be carefull that in Turkey you may do your 100 hours from the jumpseat....

Furthermore 100 on type nowaday is nothing, just a waste of money.

Better keep your money for your recurent!

Ciao

Longhitter
7th Jan 2009, 11:00
Ladies and gentlemen at TridentAvia,

This is a rumour network, grin and bear it please. You speak of naive individuals, would they be the same naive individuals you exploit by promising them mountains of gold after throwing 9 grand at 100 block hours that will probably not make a difference? Calling Ppruners naive individuals is insulting and arrogant, and if it is indicative of how you treat your customers my co-pruners are very right in advising people to steer well clear of your company. Don't twist facts, the market conditions for inexperienced pilots are very difficult at the moment.

Mods: thank you for removing the post by TridentAvia I am reacting to! :D

TridentAvia
7th Jan 2009, 11:21
As we said,

We do not, currently, pay to commercially advertise on Pprune thus we shall refrain from discussing our product(s) on Pprune.

Nobody has been 'promised mountains of gold'.

Longhitter
7th Jan 2009, 11:30
So what's the use of 100 block hours then? :}

TridentAvia
7th Jan 2009, 11:33
We do not, currently, pay to commercially advertise on Pprune thus we shall refrain from discussing our product(s) on Pprune.

chrislikesblue
7th Jan 2009, 15:02
Another line training scheme??It seems that all turkish companies are using this 'smart' business idea to take advantage of the low jobs opportunities in Europe and use some cheap working material.
I can understand them in a way,there is economic crisis everywhere,they need to survive.

Callsign Kilo
7th Jan 2009, 16:00
100 hours on a 737. Absoultely and utterly useless.

Without sounding like a complete and utter arse here, do you guys not see what is going on in todays market.

XL - 737 operator - RIP
Sterling - 737 operator - RIP
European Air Charter - 737 operator - RIP
Futura and Futura Gael - 737 operator - RIP

Literally hundreds of experienced 737 drivers are out there. I know a few of them. Each with in excess of 3000 hours on Classics / NGs. Jobless.

If you have 8750e to burn, go and blow it on a 5 star hotels, wild nights out and even wilder ladies (or men if thats your thing). It will give you a lot more satisfaction than sitting around with a useless 737 rating and an even more useless 100 hours on type.

Alternatively save it. When things pick up, find a less common type (non-jet) and enter at a lower level. A 737 TR with limited time is as about as popular as cancer at the moment and will remain so for quite some time.

Mr GinoPino
8th Jan 2009, 17:10
...thanks for all your answers! now a new question:

what about Jet Flight Training?! who are they linked to?! what airlines they use for the line trianing?! RAM maybe?! anyone knows?!

thk

Phileas Fogg
8th Jan 2009, 18:10
(Without sounding like a complete and utter arse here, do you guys not see what is going on in todays market.

XL - 737 operator - RIP
Sterling - 737 operator - RIP
European Air Charter - 737 operator - RIP
Futura and Futura Gael - 737 operator - RIP

Literally hundreds of experienced 737 drivers are out there. I know a few of them. Each with in excess of 3000 hours on Classics / NGs. Jobless.)

Without sounding like a complete and utter arse, I think Corendon just operate the 300 & 400 series B737's, precisely how many hudreds of B737/300-900 type rated First Officers were with European, precisely how many hundreds of XL's pilots were (are) currently qualified to operate the 300/400 series and I think you'll find that Sterling are rising from the ashes within the next few weeks.

But the British, within Europe, have a reputation that they love their island(s) and whilst they might apply for a job elsewhere in Europe when push comes to shove they will not go, they will go if they can maintain a UK home life, excessive days off etc. or they will go but leave at the drop of a hat as soon as a job may become available nearer to home.

And I know that reputation to be accurate, in the main, I have lived and worked in mainland Europe observing such goings on.

An2
9th Jan 2009, 00:07
Sterling will not be coming back.
There's nothing left for them to work with, since NAS and Transavia have moved in at CPH.

Phileas Fogg
9th Jan 2009, 00:46
Cimber has bought Sterling

Cimber Holding has acquired all significant parts of the former Sterling. Sterling will continue under the same name and as an independent company, however only as Rental Company for provisionally two aircraft for Cimber. In the future Cimber will be responsible for operation and ticket sale.

With this acquisition Cimber will expand its position as the leading domestic airline in Denmark and at the same time strengthen the focus on European destinations.

Cimber will support the same customer values with focus on; reasonable prices, good atmosphere and respect for the passengers time.

It is part of the plan to enter with two bigger aircraft from January 2009 on the existing services between Aalborg-Copenhagen and Karup-Copenhagen to cover the great passenger flow in the morning and in the afternoon. In the longer run it is part of the plan to expand with another 6 to 8 aircraft and extend with new destinations in Europe.

KazohiroNakamura
9th Jan 2009, 14:32
@ Mr GinoPino

I was in the same situation as you are right now a couple of months ago. I have done the 100 hours program with Trident Aviation at Corendon Airlines. And I can tell you that I am happy that I did. Corendon Airlines offered me a job after the 100 hrs.

As some of the people here already suggested, a couple of 737 operators are gone under and because of that the 737 market is a bit flooded, However, I don't see all of them going abroad to work in different countries far from home tho. :=

Having said that, you need to make a decision for your self. If your plan is to get your line training only and then apply for other company's, I don't think it's a good plan to do anything then. In that case just wait. Because there are a lot of more experienced B737 pilots than you.

But if your plan is to do your line training and do your best to keep working for Corendon, then by all means do your self a favor and do the line training program with Trident Aviation!!

If you have the right attitude and you are deemed capable, they will hire you. It's a nice company to work for and the people are really nice to work with.

I am just grateful that Corendon gave me the opportunity to fly. Otherwise I would have still been in the same situation.

Take care and many happy landings :ok:

Nakamura

IRISHPILOT
11th Jan 2009, 17:31
hello there.

Neither do I know Trident, nor Corendon.

A short googling and reading on their website shows that their programme will give you a proficiency check and 200 hours, not 100 in your logbook (depending on your authority, you may be able to log extra jumpseat time that is required by regulation as FO time. - This is true at least for the UK CAA).
Anyway, 100 hours of line training followed by 100 hours of normal line flying is what it says.

Consider that if you have a rating with no hours, employment chances are slim right now and you may want to keep your rating current. - Here in PRG, this would cost you around €1000. So you have a chance of paying about GBP35 per hour on the 737, and it will keep you more current than a C152.

If you then get the job after or not remains to be seen, but if you have 3 months and the money to spare, then this is not the worst of schemes...

look at the history of KazohiroNakamura, and you can see that he is probably genuine.

cheers IP

Norrington
12th Jan 2009, 11:57
Corendon seems to be a nice company to work for, but I heard that they kicked out 3 pilots recently because they tried to apply to another company. :ooh:

KazohiroNakamura is right, the only option you have after the line training is to hope for corendon to keep you, If not you are out in the cold.

chrislikesblue
12th Jan 2009, 19:30
If i was in the same place i would go for Eaglejet,it costs a bit more but you get 300 hours instead of 100(in Royal Air Maroc,it is definetely more serious airline that these low cost carriers in Turkey and you also have the opportunity to be employed afterwards.)

FlyingNikonian
13th Jan 2009, 09:23
Corendon did kick one guy out, for applying to another turkish 737-operator.
When this guy got his bum kicked out, the other two decided to leave Corendon as well, in an act of sympathy. I find that a very cool thing to do for your bud's!!
They have all found new jobs, and are enjoying themselves where they are now.:ok:

@Phileas Fogg
The fact that Cimber has bought the Sterling trademark means nothing.
Sterling will never be a major 737-operator again. End of story.

Mr GinoPino
13th Jan 2009, 21:38
This time the offert is from Eagle Jet:
Central European bases and good opportunity of employment by the partner airline upon program completion once the 500 hours on type have been completed for about €18k.

Does anyone knows what is the paerter airline involved and which one will be the base?!

Thk again and happy landings to everyone!

An2
14th Jan 2009, 06:56
Sky Europe have been in bed with Eaglejet before. Probably this time too.
The fact that Sky Europe is in dire need of money, makes it even more likely.

A friend of mine went the Eaglejet/Sky Europe path back in 2005. Then, it was a 300 hours program, and he got hired by Sky Europe before the end of the program.
So, now it's 500 hours = longer time for Sky E to have you work for free.
Plus the fact that they will charge you even more = extra cash for Sky E.

Mr GinoPino
14th Jan 2009, 08:56
Are you sure SkyEurope has B737-300?! I was thinking ther had just NG (-700)...!
any other guess welcome...!

An2
14th Jan 2009, 09:28
True enough Mr Gino!
However, they did operate 500's before, and in any case, you will have to go through a company course of sorts, where you will spend a few hours in the NG-sim. Ta-daaaa, you're good to go on 600-900 as well!!

Then again, this scheme might also have something to do with Air Slovakia (or something like that). They too are in dire need of money, and have been on the look-out for Boeing-drivers. Believe they have a very bad reputation though!! Beware!!!

Callsign Kilo
14th Jan 2009, 14:05
Without sounding like a complete and utter arse, I think Corendon just operate the 300 & 400 series B737's, precisely how many hudreds of B737/300-900 type rated First Officers were with European, precisely how many hundreds of XL's pilots were (are) currently qualified to operate the 300/400 series and I think you'll find that Sterling are rising from the ashes within the next few weeks.

As said above, it takes a few sim sorties to convert from an NG to a Classic (300-500). It is after all a common TR. The aircrafts systems are pretty generic and haven't really varied to any great extent. Albeit, the flying characteristics (due to the modified wing on the NG mostly) are different. Never flown the classics myself, however this is what i've been informed by colleagues. Therefore, believing this, I would say that all those experienced ex Futura, XL and Sterling NG drivers out there will more than likely get first look in. So again, sorry to say it, but I still suggest a 737 TR with 150 hours line training is as about as popular as a slap in the face with a wet blanket at the moment.

This time the offert is from Eagle Jet:
Central European bases and good opportunity of employment by the partner airline upon program completion once the 500 hours on type have been completed for about €18k.

Does anyone knows what is the paerter airline involved and which one will be the base?!

This time last year I'm certain it was Royal Air Maroc. The base: Casablanca.

Doubtful if employment was offered. If you take that other disatrous scheme on the Airbus running at the moment (see threat in 'Rumours and News' re bmi/atp scheme) then employment was also not offered with the partner airline. Rightly so.

TridentAvia
14th Jan 2009, 16:01
(So again, sorry to say it, but I still suggest a 737 TR with 150 hours line training is as about as popular as a slap in the face with a wet blanket at the moment.)

Who is offering 150 hours line training?

(I would say that all those experienced ex Futura, XL and Sterling NG drivers out there will more than likely get first look in)

Wrong, very wrong!

Callsign Kilo
14th Jan 2009, 18:38
(So again, sorry to say it, but I still suggest a 737 TR with 150 hours line training is as about as popular as a slap in the face with a wet blanket at the moment.)

Who is offering 150 hours line training?

(I would say that all those experienced ex Futura, XL and Sterling NG drivers out there will more than likely get first look in)

Wrong, very wrong!

Ok, then sorry - 100 hours block on the 737. Airlines are queing up with anticipation.

As for the comment about the XL, Futura and Sterling boys and girls. Probably true. There is unfortunately very little happening for them at the moment either.

TridentAvia
14th Jan 2009, 18:45
We have never suggested that we have airlines queuing up in anticipation, just one!

BlueVolta
16th Jan 2009, 07:51
Is E. Bayram still the flight ops in Corendon?
Because if it is still him and you are non turk, you will just enjoy your stay in AYT, it will cost several €€€€ for accomodation, food etc... for a very poor training.

Professor Rubik
16th Jan 2009, 09:20
Bluevolta, is this an actual experience you’ve had or just rumour ?

Your comment seems to contradict the first hand experience of KazohiroNakamura who posted earlier in this thread. I may be wrong, but I don’t think he is Turkish ?

Your post implies that you may have been to Corendon, trained and not secured a contract afterwards ? Perhaps you could expand a bit on what you know ?

Many Thanks,

BlueVolta
16th Jan 2009, 11:30
I flew for Corendon and not on a "pay for hours" scheme.
I have had some of this guys sitting on the jumpseat for about 100 hours then been allowed to operate the controls with a real F/O on the jumpseat.
Some guys spent fortunes on housing and all kind of last minutes extra, the so called line training lasting a couple of months when it could have been done in 5 to 6 weeks max.
Having flown for them I know how poor is the training for the crew, complete lack of structured courses or so, but a lot of nice papers and certificates to be JAR compliant...
Turk are nice people but to work with/for them it is slightly different.
And with current situation 100 or even 200 hours on 737 classic is worth nothing because there is so many qualified guys with thousand hours on type.
Enjoy spending your money on a 737 for now at least :{ :=

GLYCOREX
17th Jan 2009, 16:46
I have read what most of you guys think about Trident & Corendon Line Training program.
Is there no one interested of this Line Training program?http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/confused.gif

If I understand it right you just pay for the LT 8750 Euro and after this training if you are the lucky one you could fly over the summer contract until october for Corendon?

Let say you are ready with your LT in the end of may and then start flying for Corendon until the end of october. It's look like your time in the 737 is maybe around 500 - 600 hrs, then you also get some money back (salary) for the time with Corendon.http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/smile.gif

I don't know, maybe I am crazy???http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/yeees.gif

Callsign Kilo
17th Jan 2009, 18:18
Glycorex - are you really...I mean REALLY entertaining this idea?

What REALLY is the policy with Corendon? Will they actually employ you after this scheme. Do they actually need to? I reckon they need the 8750e more than they need a new inexperienced FO to be perfectly honest!

In the broad scheme of things Corendon is a small scale outfit. I wouldn't imagine they are 'cash rich.' If you look at other 'pay as you fly schemes,' we have seen major players such as Easyjet, Thomas Cook and now BMI enter the fray. They have all come under staunch criticism. Each one of these outfits entered into these schemes to generate extra income. NONE HAD ANY INTENTION OF HIRING THE CADET AFTERWARDS. FACT.

What you are left with is someone with 150 hours on type, a lot of debt and no job. Today's employment market speaks for itself. Can we not be realistic?

TridentAvia
17th Jan 2009, 19:45
Callsign Kilo,

Do please try maintain your lies to an acceptable level, whilst you insinuate that previous poster KazohiroNakamura is a liar, and we ask of you again, who is offering 150 hours on type?

Glycorex seems to have a reasonable grasp of what is being offered whilst you obviously have no idea!

GLYCOREX
17th Jan 2009, 19:53
Callsign Kilo !

I just thinking!

Is there no pilots who get employed with Corendon after this Line Training here! :confused:

In that case just paying 8750 Euro for 100 hrs Line Training it's really stupid, yes!

I just wanna see if there is some pilots who make this Line Training for Trident before or right now and who is flying for Corendon at the moment and get some nice experience with the salary they talked about (1.500 Euro/Month)?:confused:

This is what I heard that Corendon Airlines have a requirement for a quantity of B737 First Officers for the Summer 2009 season and it is anticipated, subject to the candidate’s performance during the Programme and/or any unforeseen circumstances, that the candidate shall be offered employment by Corendon Airlines for Summer 2009 and the salary is expected to be 1,500.00 per month with accommodation and duty surface transportation provided.:ok:

I’ll hope this is a true story, if not someone really have to tell me this is a practical joke!

B737-300/400/500 First Officers (Low Houred (Type Rated) Opportunity) - 200310141 - Flight Jobs (http://www.flightglobal.com/jobs/job/b737-300400500-first-officers-low-houred-type-rated-opportunity-europe-200310141.htm)

http://www.tridentavia.com/files/trident_100_hours_line_flying_programme_-_december.pdf

GLYCOREX
17th Jan 2009, 20:45
TridentAvia,

I am just curios about this Line Training program i saw on internet!

It’s looking good but I don’t know so much about Trident or Corendon.

The big question is what Corendon say about the chance to get employment after the linetraining with Trident before you start this procedure?

Of course the chance is looking good to get a job if you not make some big mistakes under the linetraining.
If this is a serious concept they will let you fly but if not they could fail you because they don’t like the colour on your pencil if you understand what I mean!

It’s not so funny to pay all this money because you have wrong colour on your pencil.
This mistake could be a good reason for Corendon to not accept me if this is bad guys and they only take my money for 100 hrs line training?

I’ll hope this is a good concept with good people ( Trident & Corendon )!:ok:
I am just interested of this Line Training and of course to get employed after the Line Training, in other case this is a lot of money only for 100 hrs!!!

TridentAvia
17th Jan 2009, 22:15
GLYCOREX,

If you have taken the time to read through this thread then you will appeciate that TridentAvia do not currently pay to advertise on PPRuNE thus we shall refrain from advertising, without prior payment, on PPruNe.

You have obviously read the advertising elsewhere, perhaps you may have even applied, thus you will know where you may source the information that you seek but you are not likely to learn the 'FACTS' on a forum such as this, with all due respect to PPruNe.

Callsign Kilo
18th Jan 2009, 00:07
TridentAvia

Once again - 100, 150, 200 or 500 hours. The actual number is inconsequential in my or any other person who shares my opinion. The fact that I continually and obviously aggravatingly get the number wrong shows my complete and utter lack of interest in what you offer. I live safe in the knowledge that I got paid during my line training.

I am simply painting people a picture of what is happening within the industry today. I have piers that have thousands of hours on 737s who are jobless and have been so for numerous months. This is the reality of the situation. However if people don't want to accept this, then fine; whatever! I have attempted to keep my 'lies' to a reasonable level.

This is developing into a thread bouncing slanging match which I no longer want to partake. It's becoming boring. People can judge for themselves.

GLYCOREX
18th Jan 2009, 07:39
Trident Avia

I just think this Line Training program is excellent!:ok:

I just want to know what the rumors says on PPRuNe about Trident & Corendon.:confused:

The most people here have misunderstood this Line Training program I think.
Well you pay for the Line Training and there is no guarantee for Corendon later on.:confused:

Therefor I should be very happy to see some more pilots done this program with contract with Corendon afterwards.
I saw Nakamura talking about this and he is the one who is positive about this of course, and I have already try to reach him with a private message without any result.

TridentAvia
18th Jan 2009, 09:13
Glycorex,

The advertising of this precise programme commenced during December 2008, how many individuals, since 3 weeks ago, do you believe have completed this programme and secured employment thereafter?

GLYCOREX
18th Jan 2009, 10:11
TridentAvia,

Sorry but I don’t think you understand me?

This is not the first co-operation Trident have with Corendon right?
I think Trident have being on the market for some years right?

In that case there should also be some pilots who could tell us about Line Training programs like this one.

Many of these guys writing here are so negative, I just wonder why?:confused:

TridentAvia
18th Jan 2009, 11:14
Glycorex,

We hope that the moderators will allow us to explain to you that this cooperation with our client airline commenced during 2008. Until 3 weeks ago there had been no subsequent offer of employment and only one individual, a previous poster on this thread, has completed such a programme and despite that individual not being offered subsequent employment, at the time when he proceeded with the programme, he secured subsequent employment with our client airline and there is a second individual proceeding with the programme at this time.

With regards to all individuals who have applied for this subsequent employment opportunity, we commenced processing applications only 2 weeks ago.

Are the 'guys' here being so negative about our particular programme or about all such similar programmes in general?

GLYCOREX
18th Jan 2009, 12:43
TridentAvia,

When I read what Norrington,BlueVolta,Longhitter,chrislikesblue,CallsignKilo says it’s not give me positive signals?????

And the guy starting this question (Mr GinoPino) about Tridents Linetraining:
“ TridentAvia for a line training on the B737 with Corendon Aviation in Turkey for 8750€ with 100 block hrs.”
“...thanks for all your answers! now a new question: what about Jet Flight Training?!”

He doesn’t seems so interested anyhow because he start talking about Eagle Jet???:confused:

Do you know if Nakamura is he one of the newcomer for this co-operation with Corendon?

Potcake
13th Feb 2009, 17:14
Im not a great fan of pprune and this is my 2nd post I think in 2 or 3 years, but my google search brought up this discussion and I have been reading through it. Ive just come back from a flight from Stuttgart, line training through Corendon Airlines via Trident aviation. I started Jump seat flights 3/4 weeks ago and now have 37hrs and have been released i.e no safety pilot. Things are going really well and it should be a busy summer schedule from April. The training captains are all very nice and are very patient and I'm progressing really well. Cannot ask for more, just thought I give a perspective from someone who is atcually on the programme. Hope it helps.

bradyyeager
13th Feb 2009, 18:19
Hi Pot cake!
Please I need contact you, because I hope to start in april in Corendon, and I have many questions.

Thanks in advance.:ok:

FrankAbagnale
13th Feb 2009, 20:49
what are your chances of getting a contract with corendon after completion?:

IRISHPILOT
14th Feb 2009, 10:42
not too bad: they are still recruiting captains for BRU for the summer through agency, so i guess that it is this programme through which they want to get cheap FOs for that operation.

Potcake
14th Feb 2009, 13:47
Humm I wouldnt like to say really, I'm just keeping my head down and working hard at the moment. I have been asked if I would like to stay if the opportunity came up but thats in no way an offer of future employment! In this industry there are many let downs for trainee pilots, I've been through the mill myself and I dont want to get my hopes up or anyone elses who reads this!
There is talk of expansion plans but it is talk and in this present econonic climate you can take nothing for granted.
We shall wait and see, at the moment I am just happy to be flying and gaining experience.

FrankAbagnale
14th Feb 2009, 18:56
Potcake dude...how many people do you think are doing this line training thing with corendon currently?

bubalom7
16th Feb 2009, 15:31
Hi Folks,

I am interested for line training with Corendon through Trident Avia. I am not sure if the program is still available because I tried contacting them by e-mail and phone and nobody answered.

Potcake how long did it take you to start from the day you payed Tridentavia untill you came to Turkey. As well If I apply and pay now, and start this whole process will I be ready to start working for the summer season for Corendon!
I hope you have some answeres for me!! :rolleyes:

sebsair
17th Feb 2009, 22:46
Hi Potcake,

I would like to share some information about Corendon Airlines with you
please could you contact me in my mail thank you..Its important

sebasplaja@hotmailcom

yasha6469
20th Feb 2009, 15:25
I was offered the opportunity too, but whose to say they will hire you after line training like they said they would. And even if they do, the salary they are offering is pretty low. Pilots shouldn't pay for line training. You're working for them, therefore they should pay you for transporting their passengers not the other way around.

kOOk
22nd Feb 2009, 09:22
Hello all...

I worked for them 6 months, and you can believe me: it's not a life.

You receive your roster week by week. They alterns night flights with day flights, you stay in "Ibis like" hotel for the best, turkish 3 stars style for the worse. It's not rare they make you flying 110 hours per month, and even more... Some (old) captains doesn't know how to fly a VOR approach... Be prepare to "sleep" on a chair for loooong nights in Istanbul, Helsinki or somewhere else, waiting for a delayed aircraft, technicians and so... Before making a 4 hours flight time trip... Speaking about that: the flights are mainly Medium haul flights. For example you can do AMS-AYT-TLV-AYT-AMS... You will remember you these flights, I can assure you...

So, very tiring job, even dangerous, and indeed badly paid for newbees...

But, for your first 500 hours experience, why not?

cessna310
18th Jun 2009, 14:50
Hi,

Anyone with Eaglejet 300/500 hours line training programme?How easy to get in for line training?Is they any other agency/Airline offers line training?Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

cessna310