PDA

View Full Version : why Atpl in London Metropolitan cheaper ??

attorney82
6th Jan 2009, 08:37
:sad::rolleyes:what the reason make ATPL IN London Metropolitan University cheaper than oxford , Atlantic , Cabair?

UAV689
6th Jan 2009, 09:11
because cabair and oxford must pay their marketing departments!!

try CATS at cranfield, even cheaper tutition is excellent. Recently passed my first 6 exams with a 96% average pass mark with CATS.

annita
6th Jan 2009, 11:07
I believe the question is:
are they as good as the rest FTOs?
Yes it is cheaper and I love the approach they have as the break it down to 3 parts .
We also know that there are a few issues with the books and my personal opinion is that OAT has the best books b.ut for the price OAT is asking, you can take the Met. course and buy the OAT books for aditional help
I am also looking into going to Met. but the question is again if they are as good as the rest.

jamie230985
17th Jan 2009, 08:36
I did all my training with Cabair, the reason they (& OAT) are more expensive is because of the added benefit you get from being in such a FTO. Cabair and Oxford have huge amounts of contacts in the industry and have access to much better resorces than most other schools.

In aviation you will always pay more than quoted, there are always hidden costs and if someone is quoting a "much better price" its usually because the standard is not as good so they have to compete in some other way.

A frozen ATPL will cost you in excess of £50,000 anywhere these days so my advice is to stop counting the cost and use the best flight school as you will see when it comes to results the reason you chose them!!

zerotohero
17th Jan 2009, 09:44
ITS A UNIVERSITY THERE IS NO VAT TO PAY!!!!!

Did mine there, passed all first time and I was lazy,,,,, books are good and instructors are great, even when spending half the lesson banging on about a VC10 Decending like a love sick bird! lol

split into 3 sittings is a great idea.

Spit-Fire
21st Jan 2009, 19:24
Fantastic place to study and huge amounts of knowledge within the department. Books teach more than you need to know which can be annoying but i'd rather know more than I need to. Did lots of research on FTO's before starting and so glad I chose London Met. :ok: