PDA

View Full Version : PPL in Spain advice!

Charlie133
5th Jan 2009, 18:41
I am currently considering an accelerated PPL course with Fly-In-Spain based in Jerez. I have 10 hours flying in the UK so got the basics. I Hope to complete in around 4 weeks.

Any one had any previous experience with this company or accelerated courses? Is it possible to complete in 4 weeks?

acuba 290
5th Jan 2009, 19:45
have done there PPL in 18 days of flying, total 4 weeks with theory exams etc.nice place and Brian, excellent head of training! had very good experience

Charlie133
5th Jan 2009, 19:53
Thanks for the response, how much did it cost you with all things taken into in consideration accom etc if you dont mind me asking...!

acuba 290
5th Jan 2009, 20:01
it was 3 years ago, so probably something has changed since that time...write email to Hans Nerlinger, school owner. He will give you those figures, they was correct in my case. 8,5 Euro was PPL pure with all exam fees, landing fees etc. And it was 0 to exam on 172! no any flights on 150 etc...

Charlie133
5th Jan 2009, 20:12
Thanks for the advice, very helpful...

clear prop!!!
5th Jan 2009, 22:05
The trick is to spend as little time as possible in Euroland given the state of the GBP v Euro.

There is NO point doing any ground exams there if you live in the UK.

If you are in such a rush to complete your PPL at this time of year then perhaps Spain for the flying element is a good...'ish' option.

Having been a CPL/IR instructor here in the UK I have grave reservations about Spanish advanced training, having picked up some of the casualties but, a PPL should be fine.

If this is with a view towards a CPL, why the rush given the current climate?

Good luck

Charlie133
5th Jan 2009, 22:31
Hi

Thanks for the response..

I suppose my only reason for taking this route is the weather here in the UK. At the moment I am finding it increasingly frustrating as around 90% of my lessons are cancelled due to weather conditions and I feel like I am wasting money. Since March 08 I have only managed 10 flying hours due to the weather.

Do you have any advice on CPL/IR training here in the UK?