PDA

View Full Version : Information Needed As Drawing Dead Ends !!!

nezzer
5th Jan 2009, 16:01
Hi Everyone,

I am off on holiday for a week before I embark on my CPL. I am off to the Canary Islands to Fuerteventuea does anyone know of any flying clubs on the Island so I can go have some fun !!!!

Cheers Neil

TheGorrilla
5th Jan 2009, 20:45
Not sure but you've got to do some windsurfing. Which part, sorry, end of the island are you going to?

Keygrip
5th Jan 2009, 22:08
Neil,

Where have you looked for information so far?

flyingman-of-kent
5th Jan 2009, 22:57
You could call these and ask:

Tenerife Flying Club / Los Rodeos Airport: Apdo. 28, 38297 La Laguna Tel: 922 63 81 20 Fax: 922 63 8118
El Berriel Flying Club: C/ Gral. del Sur, km. 46,5, San Bartolomé de Tirajana. 35107 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
(from quick google search)

nezzer
6th Jan 2009, 12:03
Hi all I have google flying clubs in Fuerteventura, also changed the wording to aero clubs, ppl hire , Aircraft hire with no luck Iam staying in Costa Caleta which is 15 mins from the airport

http://media.firstchoice.co.uk/maps/screen/FUE/FUE.M.A.2005.000418.002.gif

cockney steve
6th Jan 2009, 15:35
This doesn't bode well for a putative CPL...it demonstrates

Piss Poor Prior Planning.:= :}

JEM60
6th Jan 2009, 18:25
Forget the flying. Just walk along the fabulous beach from Corralejo towards 'The Hotels' but wear your reflective sunglasses!!!!!!!. I visit twice a year. Lovely place.

Slipstream86
7th Jan 2009, 08:54
This doesn't bode well for a putative CPL...it demonstrates

Piss Poor Prior Planning.:= http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/badteeth.gif

What's your problem Cock Steve? :rolleyes:

He's finding out if it will be feasible to fly there before he goes away. That's called PLANNING!

172driver
7th Jan 2009, 09:56
Google is your friend - if you know how to use it ;)

Have a look at this (http://www.fuerteventura.net/surcandocielos-en.html), it's a starting point that should sort you out. Enjoy.

Mariner9
7th Jan 2009, 10:26
I'm with Cockney Steve. Certainly, the title of the thread doesn't assist matters.

Information Needed As Drawing Dead Ends !!!

Perhaps a better title would have been:

I can't be @rsed googling for a flying club in the Canaries, will someone else do it for me?

Not worth getting worked up about however. Have a good holiday Neil and good luck with your CPL :ok:

flyingman-of-kent
8th Jan 2009, 00:24
Perhaps the P*ss Poor Planning should be for going to an island that appears not to have any flying schools/clubs! Both Gran Canaria and Tenerife do, but so far nothing shows anything on Fuerteventuea. Google maps does show a GA area at the airport but until he gets there he may not be able to find out anything. That is why I suggested a phone call to the other islands may reap rewards,

wings on stornoway
9th Jan 2009, 09:37
Dont Despair neil, Drawing dead ends!

I have been getting these for the last 2 Years! :O

JEM60
9th Jan 2009, 16:21
In all my visits over the years, I have seen virually NO G.A. activity. The island has nothing to offer private fliers, being a desolute lunar landscape, except for it's fabulous beaches.