PDA

View Full Version : Where has my Bluetooth gone?

WhatsThatNoise
4th Jan 2009, 21:34
I am currently running Vista Home Premium and I was using a Bluetooth MS Laser Mouse 8000. However after having a new motherboard fitted under warranty, my pc was returned after having a full HD format. i.e I have had to start afresh (don't ask why).

I now can not get Bluetooth to work. I am using the same dongle, a generic model and not the one matched to the mouse, (which I do not have). The dongle appears to install and shows on the device manager and the system tray bottom left of the screen but not in the control panel. If I right click on the icon i get a small menu but the only one that works is to connect a new device. It will search but not find the mouse.

I have tried the search facility of bthprops.cpl but nothing happens when I click on it.

Can anyone help.:confused::*

Keygrip
4th Jan 2009, 22:21
I can't help with your computer problem - but is there any blue money under your pillow?

birrddog
4th Jan 2009, 22:47
Look under the Mouse, there should be a Bluetooth pairing button...

typically you hold it in for a few seconds, so the mouse knows to be in pairing mode, then initiate the search as you did before.

If the mouse is already listed under paired devices, you may need to delete it before doing the above, but I would just try the above first.

If it asks for a password, it is typically "0000" (4) or "00000" (5) or "1234" unless your manual says differently.

WhatsThatNoise
5th Jan 2009, 16:41
Thanks Birrrdog.

I have tried to pair it, holding the button down on the bottom of the mouse. The mouse is OK as my phone can pick it up. With it all working before I believe it's a software problem. I have used a demo of some bluetooth software called Blusoliel and it worked fine.

Do I buy the software, try a new dongle:O or does someone know which box I have not ticked.