PDA

View Full Version : Rotary sponsorship anywhere?

Fray
4th Jan 2009, 16:25
After seeing the feedback from the previous post asking for rotary jobs, i'd like to post one too. I can't believe that I missed the opportunity to apply for a cadet scheme with Birstows Australia this december. So, has anyone else worldwide seen any advertisements or similar?

Thanks,

helimutt
4th Jan 2009, 16:56
I can pretty much guarantee you won't find a sponsorship deal of any sort in the Uk for the foreseeable future.

Fray
4th Jan 2009, 20:10
Oh I don't doubt that,

The response posted on the previous thread was from an Australian newspaper, so I am appealing to those outside the U.K really.

206Fan
4th Jan 2009, 20:14
You wouldn't of got on it anyway with a PPL licence, unless it was a different scheme from bonds!

wardy20
4th Jan 2009, 21:27
I contacted Bristow Australia about the scheme but they said it was only for Oz citizens.

MartinCh
4th Jan 2009, 21:50
wardy,

fray may be Aussie in the UK on ancestry visa, UK passport (through parents) or WHV. Location does not imply citizenship. Maybe.
I had a brief look at the advert earlier. Nice chance to sign up if one ticks all the boxes.. I still find it bit of a miracle - full rotary sponsorship.
Not that 'pay-GBP25k-and-we'll-cough-up-for-IR+TR' Bond thing.

AFAIK, GAPAN&co do couple rotary freebies, PPL, FI annually - sure you know that.

When in the US, I saw couple Japanese cadets doing their rotary PPL (or, working towards, ehm) and I was told something about them jumping into Jetranger for the CPL or later on. Well, not very viable. Whichever way..

wardy20
5th Jan 2009, 04:09
you're right, location doesn't imply citizenship.I'm a paddy currently enrolled at Birstow Academy. when i equired about the sponsorship i told them this and said i could save them hassle and time yadda yadda yadda but all to no avail. it was worth a shot though

Bol-kowboy
5th Jan 2009, 04:34
Fray,

I think you may find that there is a little more to the Bristow cadet scheme.

You will find that the "sponsorship" is available if you sponsor yourself.

From what I have heard it will cost you approx. $50k for 9 months training, then 15 months working as an instructor (not sure of income during this phase).

Good, if you have no commitments.

Heliringer
5th Jan 2009, 06:39
Fray, Do you have the Australian Permanent residency that was required for the Bristow sponsorship?
If not mate, it would not matter if you got the application in and you were the best candiate, it was only open to those who live here or have the right to live and work here.
Good luck in your quest
Ringer

vital actions
5th Jan 2009, 08:24
http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/339846-what-chances-return-north-sea-ir-sponsorship.html

Fray
5th Jan 2009, 17:01
Helringer,

Sadly, I don't have Australian residency so it looks like i haven't lost out.
I am currently under application for the Navy as aircrew at present, but am trying to create more options if things don't work out.

Rotorhead412
23rd Jan 2009, 22:49
In todays economy, its everyman for himself, for 4/5 years at least i'd say...!

British Isles for example have pilots EVERYWHERE, with no jobs, wait for the economy to come back in 2/3 years and everyone with a licence will start to get jobs again/ any new fellas will attain the basic jobs...

Either way, theres enough pilots to cover all heli's probably several times over at this point, so theres going to no one out there offering to sponsor people from ground up, when theres fellas out there ready and waiting, all they need is a type rating and there fully qualified in a week, so good luck looking for sponsorship!!!

helimutt
24th Jan 2009, 09:08
You wouldn't believe how many people are applying to the offshore companies, ex onshore bods, or ex mil, with all the type ratings and IR etc already in place. Just not enough places for them all. I believe CHC have stopped using contractors at North Denes now, but CHC Humberside is getting busier than ever.
No sponsorships going to happen for a long time I guess so that idea could be discounted.

Kelly Hopper
24th Jan 2009, 13:07
Does anyone actually have a link to the sponsorship in OZ?

JimmyD.
30th Jul 2012, 15:19
Hello everyone,

Does it happen that companies or businessmen (in Brazil or whatever country) invest/sponsor a yound guy wanting to be a pilot. With the young man being stuck at the company for a couple of years?
If yes, any idea who?

Greets Jimmy