PDA

View Full Version : Irish PSO Routes

EI-BUD
3rd Jan 2009, 13:31
This will be a short lived thread no doubt, but I am wondering if anybody has any information on the stats for some of the PSO routes that were awarded to different carriers from Mid July.

I am most interested in Dublin/Kerry with Ryanair, does anybody know the monthly pax on this route now and in comparison to previous months with Aer Arann or indeed the same months last year?

Otherwise Dublin Derry, has the change to Aer Arann from BA Loganair had any impact at all?

Finally, does anybody know which flights by Aer Arann in its schedule are by ATR42? Or is it now all 72s?

EI-BUD

Cyrano
3rd Jan 2009, 14:44
A quick answer to your second question (DUB-LDY): the CAA November provisional stats (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=80&pagetype=88&sglid=11&fld=200811) show 2,213 passengers in November 2008 compared with 2,398 in November 2007 (down 7.7%). Not a huge change but certainly not a positive one (especially since the capacity has increased significantly IIRC). Perhaps part of the decline is due to poorer interlining arrangements through Dublin, i.e. easier to book through tickets on BA paper than on RE?

Brgds
C.

racedo
3rd Jan 2009, 16:54
Passenger numbers up at Kerry Airport

The number of passengers using Kerry Airport has increased by eight per cent over the past year. It's estimated 420 thousand people went through the facility in 2009. Management say increased flights to Luton, Stansted and Frankfurt Hahn are the reason for the boost and expect Christmas passenger numbers to increase by 15 percent. However, Basil Sheerin from Kerry Airport says the recession poses a challenge for the airport next year:

==

No breakdown but also note that no increase mentioned for Dub route.

leeds 65
3rd Jan 2009, 16:56
Good to see ryr doing well there anyway

JDB1052
3rd Jan 2009, 21:54
Rumour has it that the Dublin Kerry route is Ryan's worst load factor service, with virtually no growth in numbers since they took it over despite having over twice as many seats on offer as RE.

EI-BUD
4th Jan 2009, 20:36
Hi all
Thanks for the information. It is a crying shame that the route stats from the republic are not published on an ongoing basis.

It is surprising that Ryanair do not see a big jump, I believe that if the route was sold in the right way ie attracting new customers with low prices a lot of people would deflect from the train.

EI-BUD

sawtooth
4th Jan 2009, 22:24
UK CAA publish statistics for UK - Ireland routes. The CSO do publish stats for Irish - International routes but not on domestic routes, possibly the gov are sensative due to the nature of PSO routes and tendering.

On you aircraft question, they are still using th 42 on DUB - GWY, SLX, NOC & CFN according to flightstats.com.

j_davey
6th Jan 2009, 09:41
aircraft choice is a bit random, 42's also doing IOM and CWL.
that dub-ldy figure doesn't sound right to me. I rarely see more than 10 people on any particular flight and there's what, two rotations per day?
Jd.