PDA

View Full Version : Irish coast guard/SAR

mach daddy
2nd Jan 2009, 18:22
Hi Guys and Gals,
First off,happy new year to all! I was hoping to talk to someone flying SAR in Ireland.I'm seriously considering giving it a shot,but would like to get as much info as possible before doing so.I would be starting with zero heli time and am looking for some info on the various training providers and experience requirements etc.Basically looking to hear from someone who has been through the mill.At the moment I'm flying as an FO for ahem..a well known budget airline and although I'm fairly happy there,I think I might be better suited to a more challenging,tight knit working environment.Any input or advice greatly appreciated and if there's anyone in my locality..pints are on me!!Thanks.
M.Daddy.

funfinn2000
2nd Jan 2009, 21:37
have you ever had a lesson in a heli??? I can arrange your first one in weston and a chat with some experienced pilots.

wardy20
3rd Jan 2009, 00:10
Hey Mach, I know a few guys flying SAR at home. Pm your number to me and I'll gladly pass it on to them.

airbourne
3rd Jan 2009, 00:16
Hey mach, do your wallet a favour and do your training outside of Ireland. waaaaaaaay cheaper!

s61fun
3rd Jan 2009, 09:31
What is the job market like in Irish SAR at the moment anyway? I am thinking of a move over there if recruiting is going on. Currently Mil SAR in the UK.

3rd Jan 2009, 18:51
S61fun, ring Sligo and ask to talk to Martin - he did want you want to do and would be excellent source of info.

detgnome
3rd Jan 2009, 22:08
Ahhh Martin - is his back still 'too long' for the LSJs?

or maybe a pork pie too many!

wardy20
4th Jan 2009, 21:31
Mach, check your pm