PDA

View Full Version : Exodus from Link?

lvdriver
2nd Jan 2009, 07:59
Heard via the via that there are a heap of resignations, any truth to this?

skyshark
2nd Jan 2009, 08:43
wouldnt surprise me they are a bunch of uselesss f:mad::mad::mad::mad:s, i am sure my resignation is forthcomming

Flightsimman
2nd Jan 2009, 13:19
Is this on the "crewing" side of things, or engineering and other departments??

titaniumspoon
2nd Jan 2009, 18:13
...Not to abuse what 'other' people say, but I tend to agree with what I recently heard someone say: "Every other business on EARTH suffers when there is a high turnover of staff, ~ not Airlink. RF believes that the company makes oodles more loot with a high turnover of staff!"
RF should write business books for universities worldwide to use, they've all got it wrong!! I think his new little protoge/sidekick aka JVJ tends to agree, after all, he's got a degree in economy.......:D:D:D
:ugh:

legacy
2nd Jan 2009, 20:24
titaniumspoon.. have you written any business books lately? Go back to your island and sulk...

Avi8tor
3rd Jan 2009, 09:58
I had the privilage to be around to watch RF and BW build a really magic, profitable airline. Great place to work, very good loot and fine people. Well, HR was always a problem, but that aside. Lots of guys had fun and build/advanced their careers there.

I also had the misfortune to watch him destory it all. What was amazing that once he turned to the dark side, there was no turning back. He didn't mind how much money he was wasting, he wouldn't admit he was wrong. All he has done now is surrounded himself with the same kind of people. The bit that I can't get my head around, he is hurting his own shareholder value.

Right now its a bit of a buyer market, so not sure where all the guys will be finding new jobs. But good luck to all at Link, I was lucky to see the 'golden yrs'.

Q4NVS
4th Jan 2009, 11:33
Understand that 11 AME's resigned in December 2008.

Is this also the reason why recently, a Cadet Captain was doing Maintenance work at an outstation, while being given instructions over the phone of how to "repair" an Engine Chip Detector Warning..?

:sad:

legacy
4th Jan 2009, 15:10
Yip ... Airlink pilots can out do any bush pilot out there! They can also run OPS, HR, the entire airport operation (as they know how it should be done) and even know how to run the airline better (judging by the comments re RF and co.) ... I wonder why none of them have gone off to start their own airlines ... or have they?? Maybe THAT's where they're gone to!

snotneus
5th Jan 2009, 17:27
Legacy, you sound like management.
You are forgetting that many of the pilots that have passed through links revolving door have very good qualifications. Ranging from C.A's, lawyers, arcitects. Quite a few also have their own bussinesses. None of us own an airline, granted, but that does not mean we do not have the ability/knowledge to do a fine job. Just wish that link would realise that they have a pool of talented people they can easily tap into.
But no, JvJ gets appointed.:ugh:

p.s. I want weekends off R.F. just like you!

Titaniumspool, i've looked it up. Looks awsome, what are you doing here?

Avi8tor
6th Jan 2009, 03:55
I wonder why none of them have gone off to start their own airlinesHave you ever considered MANY of us do do more than just drive the buses? Do you think we have another JvJ wanna be here guy?

Rude Boy
6th Jan 2009, 05:09
Legacy, broad generalisations don't do anybody any good. Most of the drivers at Link are just a decent bunch of guys and girls who prefer to get on with their jobs. Inflammatory comments such as your's aimed at the whole lot do nothing but degenerate what was already a fairly witless thread in the first place.

6th Jan 2009, 08:10
Looking at this thread........ ha ha ha ha
Make your ows sums : when a new employee starts, what salary scale does he start ? The lowest, probably...... How long does it take to get increases ? At RF 7.8 %, if maybe, per year... !!!! So the senior pliots will earn the top notch, it costs the company to pay the seniors, so with a turn over, that's logic you make more money having to pay lower salaries...... Good reason to make life difficult and make your employees leave, ......... in streams !!!!!;);)
Where are the " Oupas" and other more experienced pilots ?
As an ex-Link employee, I am now " working "/ flying a month on and off schedule, in effect having six months per year leave, not having to beg for leave, earning 3x, YES, 3x more than any pilot at Airlink:ok::ok:

RF believes that the company makes oodles more loot with a high turnover of staff!" This you can look up in bussiness books......

kingpost
6th Jan 2009, 09:26

Where are you flying right now with that roster?

legacy
8th Jan 2009, 10:52
haha .. i agree - not all the link pilots have that bad attitude .. appologies for that .. but there are quite a few that make alot of noise (on pprunee) and don't really have much to go on and have not even had a chat with anyone at HO. Alot of the comments here and on the "Airlink politics" thread give a general feeling (bad one) about the pilots. From an outsider point of view, sure, management should prob adjust their attitudes, but that goes for staff too.

As for JvJ's job - It's not a great place to be and I REALLY would hate to be there .. so no "wanna-be" here!
About me being management (at link).. not that either - I have a great job away from Link in higher places - but had my few year's worth and found it to be a gr8 place to work. Make an effort and chat to RF.. perhaps alot of guys just don't understand the business (although they know about flying)...

Anyway - this link is actually about the "exodus" from link... so .. where did all these guys go?

LittleMo
8th Jan 2009, 18:26
I believe quite a few J41 and ERJ drivers are awaiting start dates at Comair, so theres a clue...
Suppose bigger planes, more money it's inevitable that the guys ad gals will move on, whether you can call that an exodus or just plain simple movement up the line is a matter of opinion.

10th Jan 2009, 07:08
Kingpost

Definetely outside the borders of SA....... and for that, taxfree :cool:

Once you have a fling wing rating, the possibilities are better, ........ not to engage the auto-pilot at 500 ft and disengage it it 200.... !!!!