PDA

View Full Version : Anyone not been paid?

dilly
31st Dec 2008, 09:35
Checked bank this morning and discovered I've not been paid! Much cursing and googling eventually found me the JPAC number.

Amazingly this is not a JPA c**k-up but an error of my bank, Nationwide!

Apparently anyone that banks with Nationwide will have had the same problem, they are my next call....

Happy New Year!:mad::ugh:

TangoBravo
31st Dec 2008, 10:18
Me too!

I appear to be severely lacking any kind of pay this month and I also bank with Nationwide. :{

c17age
31st Dec 2008, 10:23
This was my last pay check and I was expecting not to be paid but for it to be added onto my gratuity. Anyone know the policy for last pay/ handshake money. Should I be worried my lump isn't going to be paid!!!:ooh:

sluf goat
31st Dec 2008, 10:32
dilly did u get any joy from nationwide? I am also with them and no pay too:(

dilly
31st Dec 2008, 10:33
I have just been to my local Nationwide Branch...

Nationwide are unable to offer any timescale for rectifying the pay problem. They are able to pay you a max of £100 until the problem is sorted, unless you can provide a payslip for this month....

JPAC have been very helpful, unusually, and are faxing my branch a copy of my proof of pay. Hopefully this should be enough to get some useful money. Additionally, JPAC have been assured by Nationwide that all direct debits will be paid in the meantime.

I am probably like many and away from home at the moment but at least I am not somewhere sandy and in a position to sort this out.

Maybe a news agency should be contacted as I am pretty sure that there will be thousands of people out in hotter countries who have not been paid, are unaware that they have not been paid and whose families now have no money!!

:mad:

7of9
31st Dec 2008, 10:38
There seems to be a problem with Nationwide home page & online banking system at the moment as i have tried to log on & it's throwing a wobbly!!!!

Trev

Grabbers
31st Dec 2008, 11:09
Is Nationwide about to go under?

KeepItTidy
31st Dec 2008, 11:21
thats my same thought too Grabbers , time to get to bank and remove the savings

Old Ned
31st Dec 2008, 11:24
Me also Nationwide but, thankfully, no problem with my RAF pension. Can also log on to internet banking ok. As to them going under, unlikely as they were not daft enough to offer the NINJA mortgages. Besides, Group CEO given knighthood in NYHL today! But there again, so was the PERMSEC of the Treasury who missed the Northern Rock fiasco!

Pip pip and a Happy New Year to you all (especially those of you away from home - keep safe)

ON

SuctionBoost
31st Dec 2008, 11:46
Same here, no pay so far. Hope Nationwide don't charge for the negative balance once the DD leave the account tomorrow.

fantaman
31st Dec 2008, 12:02
Same here guys, fortunately I'm in a position to go to my local branch and get some cash if I need it. I too phoned the bank just to check it wasn't their fault, I was ready to throw a wobbly at the JPAC guys.

Just spoke to Nationwide, you can go into your bank and withdraw money, no mention of amount though. The bank are able to see how much you are due to be paid so that shouldn't be an issue with them.

They also said they will refund any charges incurred as a result of the mistake.

Be aware though, most Nationwide branches are closing at 1500 today so be quick.

Truckkie
31st Dec 2008, 14:16
Statement on JPA Homepage states 'Nationwide Banking Group has problem with its BACS system'

For once not a JPA fault:confused:

Dave Angel
31st Dec 2008, 14:45
From the Sun - "Nationwide fails to pay up"

Nationwide fails to pay up | The Sun |News|Sun Money (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/money/article2083442.ece)

Lets hope this isn't an omen for the year to come :uhoh:

Happy new year to all.

DA

SuctionBoost
31st Dec 2008, 14:55
Similar story from the BBC here:
BBC NEWS | Business | Nationwide admits accounts glitch (http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7806314.stm)

Dave Angel
31st Dec 2008, 16:14
I'm now sorted, hope the rest of you are :ok:

Regards to all.

7of9
31st Dec 2008, 17:44
Internet banking page & web site for Nationwide is now all working again, Panic over.

Grabbers
2nd Jan 2009, 10:56
Not quite panic over. Nationwide announced today they won't be passing on any more interest rate cuts to their mortgage customers to 'protect their savers'.

It's wobbling I reckon.

TiffyFGR4
2nd Jan 2009, 11:47
My paycheck didn't come through just before christmas, should've just got paid around the back end of November(ish) (I'm with Nationwide too), I only found out I didn't cause I just got my bank statement a couple of days ago, I didn't check my account last month cause I didn't really need to, ok for cash right now....But I got things sorted with them this morning, so...Hope the rest of you do too.

I know how it feels, frikin pain in the crack when you never get paid on time, especially at this time of year.

I'm not with the military btw...

Happy new year anyway, stay safe.

Bladdered
2nd Jan 2009, 11:51
They managed to take all the 1st of the month direct debits on time though:)

airborne_artist
2nd Jan 2009, 13:04
Nationwide announced today they won't be passing on any more interest rate cuts to their mortgage customers to 'protect their savers'. It's wobbling I reckon.

Actually one of the safest of the large lenders right now. It's far cheaper to raise money from savers than from the wholesale markets right now, so it makes lots of sense to keep the savings rates higher. As there are fewer lenders with much more demanding criteria right now the NW have worked out that they will lose only a few mortgage customers by keeping their rates up.

TiffyFGR4
2nd Jan 2009, 14:08
"So really we don't care if you got paid or not."

Awww Don't you? Ouch that hurts, how my heart bleeds & the tears run down my cheeks. Sarcasm in case you're wondering.

:rolleyes:

Grabbers
2nd Jan 2009, 15:54
AA,

Watch this space is all I'm saying...

Shack37
2nd Jan 2009, 16:08
From AIDU
"So really we don't care if you got paid or not."

Awww Don't you? Ouch that hurts, how my heart bleeds & the tears run down my cheeks. Sarcasm in case you're wondering.

Good answer Tiffy, you and I must be the only ones who don't have this ********** on the ignore list. In my case because there's often something to laugh at in his stupid posts. He pretends to be Mil but he's actually a Girl Guide.

Happy New Year all (except AIDU of course:yuk:)

s37