PDA

View Full Version : Uk Cpl And Greek Ir .what Is Needed At The End???

pilot1211
30th Dec 2008, 13:53
HI...
I have done my ATPL theory in uk and just finished my cpl in the uk.I havent issued my licence yet ,because the school said it can be done all together at the end of my IR/MCC. But because of personal reasons am thinking of doing only the simulator training of IR (30hrs) in the uk,and then go to greece to complete the training and give the exam,and aply it on my uk cpl.I found a greek school and it will accept my hours in uk,but i dont know what the uk caa will need to accept it?I would like to ask if anybody knows if that is acceptable and good idea? I heart that uk caa will ask you then to do a Radio licence,and a profficiency test above all if you do it like this.Does anyone know anything about it? what is realy going on???
thank you..

SW1
30th Dec 2008, 14:13
To the best of my knowledge, I think the whole IR has to be done in Greece or the UK. You can not start the IR in one country and complete it in another.

If you do the 30 hours sim time in the UK, you will have to redo the whole IR ( 55 hours in Greece). Check with LASORS first before commencing anything.

I am in a similar sitiuation where I was going to have the CPL issued in the UK and then do the 63ish hours ME/IR in Greece as you get the whole 55 hours in the aircraft.

Hope that helped.

skysiren
31st Dec 2008, 18:33
Hi

Any school worth it's salt will know that you have to start and finish the entire IR course at one training provider. If they have agreed to accept half a course from you I would be very cautious about going there as it would seam that they aren't quite up to speed with rules and reg's.

LASOR's will tell you what you need to now, failing that give the CAA a call.

2close
2nd Jan 2009, 22:08
The whole course must be done in the same country - I have very recently discussed this with the UK CAA PLD.

If you have completed the CPL(A) training and skills test in the UK then avoid any further complications by getting your licence issued by the UK now. Aso, your UK issued CPL(A) will come complete with FRTOL for VHF and HF Comms PLUS English Language Proficency (Level 4 - Operational).

Then you can go to any other JAA member state for your MEP (assuming you haven't done that already) and IR(A) training.

Yes, most FTOs will tell you that they will accept your 30 hours UK sim time - of course they will; they like your money - but the UK CAA will not accept them if you do them in the UK then go to another country to complete the IR(A).

Similarly, JARs allow a 10 hour credit for CPL(A) holders against the IR(A) and Greece applies the full 10 hours credit, i.e. the IR(A) for CPL(A) holders is only 45 hours in Greece. HOWEVER, if you only do 45 hours training then apply to the UK CAA to add an IR(A) to your CPL(A) they WILL refuse it as the UK CAA requires you to fulfil the UK's requirements which only allows 5 hours credit for CPL(A) holders. I have personally witnessed this happen and luckily contacted the UK CAA before the guy completed his training.

If you are going to mix and match your countries make sure you get your facts right by checking with the authority of the STATE OF LICENCE ISSUE.

BTW, anyone being told they need to do 55 hours IR(A) training when they already hold a CPL(A) is being fed BS. After CPL(A) (SEP) issue you do 6 hours plus Skills Test for MEP issue then 45 or 50 hours IR(A) training plus Skills Test, depending which JAA state you are submitting your IR(A) application to. Yes, these are MINIMUM hours!!!

HTH

2close