PDA

View Full Version : Eee PC netbook keyboard problem

sitigeltfel
29th Dec 2008, 16:39
I have just been setting up an Eee PC 904 HD netbook my wife got as a Chrissy present.

When typing the @ character it comes up as " instead. This is obviously not a good thing when trying to access mail!

Now, I do not want to spend a large chunk of my life hanging on to their help line, so can anyone tell me if this is a (regional) configuration error or is it likely to be something amiss with the keyboard itself?

It was bought in, and for use in the UK.

Jimmy Macintosh
29th Dec 2008, 16:48
Sounds like a US/English keyboard issue.
Never owned one though, but would assume you should be able to change it in regional settings if they exist.

preduk
29th Dec 2008, 16:55
Go to Start> Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > "Languages" Tab > Details.

Make sure everything in there is selected to English (United Kingdom) then press Apply and it should resolve it for you.

sitigeltfel
29th Dec 2008, 17:02
Go to Start> Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > "Languages" Tab > Details.

Make sure everything in there is selected to English (United Kingdom) then press Apply and it should resolve it for you.

Thanks, that did the trick :ok:

It was set for USA and as it was not part of the setup process I missed it.

daved123
29th Dec 2008, 18:22
23 minutes ! one could have spent more time than that introducing oneself to 'Basil' or 'Ruth' in Bangalore ! :ok: