PDA

View Full Version : cancelling an atpl exam?

bajadj
27th Dec 2008, 17:33
Hi all, does anyone know the latest you can cancel an atpl exam, I have a gen nav resit booked in for Jan 7th and I'm miles away. Can i call the CAA on monday and cancel it or am i too late?

Keith.Williams.
27th Dec 2008, 19:23
The latest date for voluntarily cancelling an exam booking is 5 working days before the start of the exam week. For the January exams that was probably 17th December.

If you cannot come up to the required standard to have a reasonable chance of passing (which is usually proved by passing or failing a number of practice exams), your CGI can withdraw his approval for you to take the exams at any point before the exam takes place. But if this is within 5 working days of the start of the exam week you will lose your exam fee.

In your case it sounds like you have simply decided that the booked date is inconvenient.

The most simple solution would be to get a doctors' certificate stating that you were too ill to take the exam on that date. Send it to the CAA and they will erase your booking without penalty. What you tell your doctor is of course entirely up to you.

If you simply decide not to turn up you will fail with a score of zero?

Looking further ahead it would probably be a good idea to ensure that you really want to take the exams before you submit your application form. The exam centre has not moved since you made your booking!

bajadj
27th Dec 2008, 19:55
Many thanks Keith for your help.

I should have clarified the "miles away". I'm miles away from the required standard to pass the exam, not geographically miles. My mistake!

I have a radio nav resit on the same day so i guess i'll just attempt the gen nav and hope for a miracle. It's not a massive prblem in the great scheme of things as i'm more sitings limited than attempts, I have 3 sittings left and i have 3 attempts at the 3 remaining exams each so it's kind of a "free" go (except the £63) i'm more concerned at passing the other 2 and then having a clear run at gen nav on it's own.

Thankyou once agin for the info.

bdj.

bsal
29th Dec 2008, 22:58
It's only £63 in the uk...the IAA are robbing us €115 each here :{