silverstreak
26th Dec 2008, 18:00
... Being td1 - Tom Dalrymple1, shouldnt you know :}

td1
26th Dec 2008, 18:20
If i was Mr D i certainly wouldnt need to ask would i

Cluster Bomb
26th Dec 2008, 22:27
Apparently, as a Christmas bonus all staff have had their hours reduced to part-time. :{
Happy Christmas.

td1
1st Jan 2009, 13:20
well thanks for all your hard work over the summer guys

Cluster Bomb
2nd Jan 2009, 17:41
Since Globespan are getting their goundhandling staff 'on the cheap' maybe after the Winter is over everyone will get the boot and Uncle Tom will look towards Menzies or Servisair.
Alba has been 'shafted' for the past year from Rodden, it's not gonna stop now.:ouch:

DAVYDAY
3rd Jan 2009, 12:21
The Roddens built up Alba to be taken away from them ,after an aircraft inccident at one of the stations. Globespan then withheld further funding strangling the company to grow and they took it over.(handy eh!)

It is well documented that is what happened and why Morag is no longer there and Gerry is staying to try and keep the existing jobs.
They have fought every corner to keep the staff,you should know better.

Greed by the company thats taken over and some members of staff
maybe the reason Morag has resigned from the company.
Think about it.

I see very little growth for Alba and it may well be in the interest for the staff to move on, if they can,but you can not blame the people that fought for you,that is totaly unfair.

Good luck Cluster Bum.:ugh:

dora the explorer
4th Jan 2009, 09:44
Right Mr Davyday!
Your no tellin me that an accident with an aircraft caused the collapse of ALBA! What about that fact that the management didny have a clue ????
Or does that no count???
That incident just proved the lack of responsibilty from the ````management````:p (if thats what they want to call themselves) because it would never have happened if the staff were adequately trained. They are quick to point the blame at everthing and everyone else, but i suggest they take a look in the mirror and see where the blame actually lies.
Lets look at what we have now.... A dodgy handling agent, now owned by an even dodgier airline! RESULT !!!

upsy daisy
4th Jan 2009, 10:04
Never has a truer word been spoken Dora
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

DavyDay Correct me if im wrong but the way ive heard it, Morag didnt resign but was given the old heave ho by TD when he bought the 2nd lot of shares (i.e Morag's share). To blame everyone else is just passing the buck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good day

From the night garden

silverstreak
4th Jan 2009, 17:08
Dont blame the dedicated ALBA staff on the frontlines...

Its just another case of Tom and Gerry having their wicked way with peoples lives...

Gerry and Davy Day, everyone read your posts on PPRUNE. You boasted about how great ALBA was, and other handlers were not. You claimed to know about the fate of other handlers. You promoted ALBA and assured everyone that all was well. You actually beleived your own hype... WE all know now, that it was all a load of ....

Put it this way, GSM have been through various ground handlers at both EDI and GLA, all being given notice due to their alleged poor performance... So, ALBA comes on the scene to finally provide the service Uncle Tom so desires. FINALLY, everyone thought...

Now, ALBA has been 'asorbed' by part-owner GSM. Staff numbers have been reduced to ridiculously low levels, hours cut to just about part-time, and the expectation is that this year GSM will provide a busier than ever schedule this summer (09)... Who the **** is going to provide the services on the ground??? What ground handler would want the chaos associated with GSM...

ALBA were lucky to get a very high number of trained and experienced staff in the beginning. Some leaving jobs in senior positions to move over, so no one should ever believe that the 'EDI ground incident' was the reason this regime change and chop-shop scenario happened. Ground incidents happen 'regularly' albeit with varying degrees of seriousness.

(Even the most experienced of groundstaff have had incidents - still not acceptable, but working in this type of environment it is inevitable that incidents will occurr... It has been going on since the inception of the industry and it will continue to happen. Training and on-going training merely identifies areas of danger and risk, and tries to minimise the exposure, whilst giving staff the insight into how and why these incident happen, and how to avoid them)

* GSM seem to have forgotten where thay came from. Leasing out aircraft and crews to all and sundry incl. the MOD is fine and generates excellent cash, BUT its not what GSM was about in the past, or what it was set up to be... Dont forget the humble passenger who is paying good money too. Sort out your airline then look at secondary incomes...

The ALBA frontliners (excluding TOM and GERRY) should feel proud that they came together and put on a show. With constant schedule changes and cancellations, its thanks to the dedicated staff that ALBA survived as long as it did...

As a final point, I have nothing to do with GSM, Warner Brothers - Tom and Gerry, or ALBA, but do know people involved who are feeling rather low right now...

Thats all folks

Cluster Bomb
4th Jan 2009, 17:15
Dora the Explorer, Silverstreak & Upsy Daisy, My thanks. :ok:

HANGERON
4th Jan 2009, 18:11
I hope everyone who helped get Alba up and running at EDI finds new employment and leaves Alba & GSM to sort out there own mess if they survive , any outfit who poorly treats staff does not deserve the right to be called an airline or handling agent , they failed to pay staff overtime, public holidays and for most of the summer ran the operations undermanned most days , this summer will be worse as they now only have a small number of staff who are trained and hold a B.A.A. I.D. Good example of poor managment or no management, staff who are still there cannot feel secure hope you all find secure employment in the future, happy new year :=

arsbeach
4th Jan 2009, 21:02
And how then are VAA going to be looked after this year :confused:

upsy daisy
5th Jan 2009, 02:21
Just for the record i dont fit into any of your catergories 1 i have never worked for alba or have expressed a wish to work for you im happy in my job and 2 i know a thing or 2 about the current state of the industry and world economy thanks.

ALBA EDI staff i have the utmost respect for you, the way you have dealt with the **** that has been thrown at you is nothing short of outstanding. Good luck for the future and with what ever Tom decides to do.

Good Day

From the night garden

dora the explorer
5th Jan 2009, 04:24
Whats the matter? Truth hurt??? Management have failed, accept it.
A big well done to all the ALBA employees for putting up with this farce for so long. Wish everyone well in their new and more professional positions.
:ok::D

HANGERON
5th Jan 2009, 10:12
well Gerry Alba with your poor English and your foul mouth its easy to see why you were a failure and never a :DM.D.

Cluster Bomb
5th Jan 2009, 12:30
Since Globespan own Alba, what's going to happen to the Aviation Services Management contract as well as the Virgin contract?
It would be nice to know the truth about Alba, as to what actually happened & why. There never was any communication throughout the whole of last year. Every week all we heard was "we're getting Flybe" that certainly never transpired. The only time some employees saw Gerry was when there was an incident with the headset hatch being left open.
I bare no malice towards Gerry. I was at the induction at Edinburgh and had high hopes for the company and both He & Morag seemed alright unfortunately, for whatever reason, it didn't last.
It seems to me that Globespan are very overbearing company with very little regard for it's employees. Time will tell (if we're employed for that long.)

JB007
6th Jan 2009, 10:23
If you want to keep this discussion going, quit with the personal attacks!