PDA

View Full Version : SKYSTAR Bangkok

IMASTAR
26th Dec 2008, 03:05
Any info about Skystar Bangkok ?
Have heard they are looking for 767 crews but have had problems in the past with late payments of salaries. Is this still the case?
Also heard they have complience problems with Thai Department Civil Aviation ?
Interested in position in Thailand so any information would be appreciated.

ozthai
26th Dec 2008, 03:44
Hi Mate....
You gotta good job now ???
Why do you want to come here ?
Think better you stay in SIN.
Cheers

Dirigible
26th Dec 2008, 10:52
OT, you've change you tune a bit in the last few months:

From your previous postings in August:

Apart from all that guff, from what I can gather the Skystar foreign pilots are on a pretty good wicket.

I have found them to be a very professional outfit with a good safety culture. Probably the best I've worked for in Thailand

Has it really deteriorated that quickly, and have all dues been paid up to date?

สุขสันต์วันคริสต์มาส และ สวัสดีปีใหม่

ozthai
26th Dec 2008, 12:38
No havn't changed my tune on Skystar but have on Thailand especially the aviation scene here. (Thanks to PAD, People Against Democracy)
I know Imstar has a good situation where he is and meant why give that up for Thailand. Job stability for foreigners here is not great due to Govt policy on limiting of foreign workforce. Thai airlines cannott have more than 20% foreign crews.

Still think Skystar is good outfit with potential. And the crews, both Thai and foreign are nice people to be associated with. Up at the very top of the ladder, I don't know ?
Lot of dedicated people hanging in trying to make it happen.

Can't comment on pay because I don't know.

I've been in Thailand eight years now and things are getting much tougher for expats. They need us but they certainly don't want us.
And as soon as we are not needed, we're out.

Thai people in general are fantastic and a great place to live but for work or business ..... not the flavour of the month anymore.

extreme P
21st Jan 2009, 16:10
The Skystar dog is dead. Just rotten bones and maggots left. Employees unpaid for six months and lawsuits chasing money that isn't there. Unemployment is better than this gong show.

ozthai
25th Jan 2009, 13:58
extreme p,
what a colourfull way of expressing your thoughts. Dead dog, bones, maggots.

Anyhow guess everyone will know the final verdict on this one very soon.

Hope it works out for all involved.

Not over till the fat lady sings. (Never could understand what fat ladies singing has to do with things).

Cheers to all at skt

Sharpie
26th Jan 2009, 11:15
It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings is a proverb, essentially meaning that one shouldn't assume the outcome of some activity (frequently a sports game) until it has actually finished.

This phrase in turn refers to the impression by many of Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen (aka the Ring cycle) as a lengthy opera finally concluding in an aria sung by a heavy-set woman dressed like a valkyrie. The Ring cycle is a set of four separate operas (lasting about 15 hours), in which the final scene includes Brünnhilde singing, and then riding onto Siegfried's funeral pyre. The set collapses and the entire cycle ends up in the Rhine river, where it started. The "fat lady" is often illustrated with a horned helmet, a spear, possibly a shield, and possibly blond braids.
:)

Thank you Wikipedia!

piratepete
29th Jan 2009, 12:24
EXTREME PEE......Yes you might be right.Tomorrow, Friday 30th is D day for staff......get paid or not.We shall see.But the future of this outfit is far from certain, but please dont go around slagging off carriers you know nothing about.A lot of good people have dedicated themselves to this carrier, and they are just like you and me, so be reasonable in your statements.PETE.

THRidle
31st Jan 2009, 01:25
O.K. guy's, So what happened ????

danaii_goose
1st Feb 2009, 03:53
Still waiting. Has to be patient.
May be monday, or tuesday... may be next week or next ...:confused:

Dirigible
2nd Feb 2009, 02:59
I hope that this carrier pays outstanding dues in full as promised. Not only have the flight crew been more than accommodating in deferred salaries, but I can imagine the local cabin crew have financial commitments and families reliant on their income. However it all works out, there should be protections in place that require payment of employees as the highest priority. I'm sure in highly unionised Korea that this would be the case. The Thai authorities should address this, as it is not the first operator to do this. It is simply unacceptable what has been going on for the past few months irrespective of the excuses, and other circumstances given for non payment. Good luck to all.

HVYMETLDRIVERWANNABE
2nd Feb 2009, 04:18
yikes good luck sorry to see things getting so bad, I've always had dreams of flying in Thailand someday... looks like I might have to stick with Singapore.

piratepete
2nd Feb 2009, 08:07
Its all over at SKYSTAR.No salaries, nothing, all owed 6 months pay.......and all the managers have switched off their phones, head office emptied etc etc......three sad looking 767-200s now for sale.R.I.P.Thats 44 airlines gone belly up over the last 12 months.

MeJack
2nd Feb 2009, 11:11
It's very sad news to everybody there. I had never thought it will be end this quick....:*

extreme P
2nd Feb 2009, 23:13
EXTREME PEE......Yes you might be right.Tomorrow, Friday 30th is D day for staff......get paid or not.We shall see.But the future of this outfit is far from certain, but please dont go around slagging off carriers you know nothing about.A lot of good people have dedicated themselves to this carrier, and they are just like you and me, so be reasonable in your statements.PETE.

Maybe I knew something about it after all? Hanging on for six months of unpaid wages is a fool's game anywhere. In Thailand it's insanity.

Sharpie
7th Mar 2009, 09:31
Once upon a time the little island of Nauru had squillions of dollars in royalties from flogging their guano. With this they set up an airline. That lost money. So they bought hotels and resorts. The theory being that people would flock to the hotels and resorts via the airline. The hotels and resorts collapsed or had to be sold at a loss. The airline hung in for a few more years, but eventually failed as well.
Maybe this is different. The defunct airline will rise from the ashes, funded by all those people already booked in at the resort and needing transport. Of course, only this particular airline can deliver them because Our Airline, Pacific Blue and Air Vanuatu won't be able to cope with the demand, such is the pulling power of 'what's this place and where is it again?'
But, to change the subject - looks like we will be paid very soon. We all got the email sayiing as much. Let's just hope that happens before they write the cheque for the resort. :)

ruddernstick
8th Mar 2009, 23:31
This so call payment date is just another chapter in the days of our lives which all SKT Staff are having to accept as a norm with this airline. Airline?...

Anyway, don't be upset if the payment doesn't come through...the rumour is there is no payment...

I wouldn't be surprise if those who have had court settlement dates for full payment is up for disappointment come the so call settlement day, it is TIT after all...

The best thing to do is just to put it down to experience and move on with whatever sanity you have left...:ugh:

Oceanic
9th Mar 2009, 17:44
Is this airline still flying? I noticed today on the arrivals board for Hkt an inbound SKT flight from ICN. If so, are their pilots with salary arrears of several months flying on the vague promise of a payment. Forgive me for being cynical, but it beggars belief.

โชกดีคฺรับ

extreme P
1st Apr 2009, 02:58
The courts have said the employees are owed wages but good luck in seeing any money. It really does beggar belief.

Stick a fork in this thing as it is as dead as it is going to get.