PDA

View Full Version : Airline Academy of Australia

Pilot1983
23rd Dec 2008, 21:14
G'day people,

I am currently seeking for reputable flying school to start my CPL with in Queensland, I would prefer somewhere in South East QLD.
In my search I came along the Airline Academy of Australia. I was just wondering if there are any students out there who can give me any insight into this school.

For example how their training is like. Do they really concern themselves with the students training like they say? And how are the instructors? Anything will be worthwhile.

Thank you
TJ:)

NDB_Lover
23rd Dec 2008, 21:28
Hey there Pilot1983.

I was studying at archerfield and so heard a lot of stories about the Airline Academy of Australia (AAA), and in of those stories none were perticularly any good.
The place sounds fantastic on paper no doubts about it, but their execusion is extremely poor.

ReverseFlight
25th Dec 2008, 09:57
Some of my aviation friends are very much attracted to Airline Academy of Australia (AAA) because it was chosen by Boeing, Alteon and Jeppesen to partner with it in the Beta Trial for the Multi Crew Pilot Licence (MPL).

However, as I believe the program is still in its trial stages and CASA's MPL regulations have not been cast in stone, it does not necessarily mean such facility is more superior in any way.

Some of my mates seem to be labouring under the mistaken impression that the AAA has some recruitment connection with the airlines or at least their course is somehow more recognised by the airlines than traditional methods of training, so that it would give them a better chance at getting into a cadet scheme.

I told my mates to wake up. I hope the current global downturn will be an opportunity to do a reality check.

The AAA has not misrepresented anything at all : rather, I think it is merely wishful thinking by some wannabes.