PDA

View Full Version : FAA London IFO contact ?

tony 1969
23rd Dec 2008, 19:36
Hi,
Hopefully someone can help, I have been trying to contact the london field office of the Faa (repeatedly :ugh:) to find out what is involved in converting a licence and keep getting an error message from their email link. anybody got an email address or prefarably a phone number,
Thanks in advance and hope you all have a good crimbo and ane enjoyable and safe flying 2009

VeeAny
23rd Dec 2008, 20:44
Tony

This may be total rubbish, but I remember something similar happening to me when I was looking into getting an FAA licence not based upon my JAA one. I was advised to contact an East US FSDO and I think it was a FSDO in New York.

Not great help I know, but it may help, I'll look up the details when I get home tomorrow.

Gary

Gordy
23rd Dec 2008, 20:54
Of course you could just ask on here....

Here (http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=d5767eb644c362f526ba660c2468edf1&rgn=div8&view=text&node=14:2.0.1.1.2.2.1.10&idno=14)

Speedbird48
23rd Dec 2008, 21:24
Tony,

There is no such thing as a London IFO. There is an office just up the road from LHR to West Drayton, but they are maintenance types only, and could not help you.

The nearest IFO to London is in New York.

If you are looking for a validation there are many threads on how to do it if you dig into the site.

For what you are asking you need a regular field office (FSDO)

Speedbird 48.

Speedbird48
23rd Dec 2008, 21:32
Tony,

Lets rephrase that last messsage?? What I meant to say was that the LHR FAA office cannot help with your issue. It is an IFO, but a maintenance only one.

Please send me a PM and I can answer your questions.

Speedbird 48.

anti-talk
23rd Dec 2008, 21:34
PM me its really simple,
I operate a school in the US
Geoff

Speedbird48
23rd Dec 2008, 21:51
Tony,

Lets rephrase that last messsage?? What I meant to say was that the LHR FAA office cannot help with your issue. It is an IFO, but a maintenance only one.

Please send me a PM and I can answer your questions.

Speedbird 48.