PDA

View Full Version : WindowsMediaPlayer snag

daved123
23rd Dec 2008, 16:25
Silly problem with WMP-11.
I have searched this forum and not come up with anything related so ask for the benefit of your expertise and am prepared for any duuh moments !
I have been ripping some of my music CD's to WMP library and have had no problems until I ripped two Beethoven Piano Concerto disks in the same series by Decca:- disk1 piano conc no5 with four tracks and disk2 with piano conc's 1&2 with six tracks, three tracks apiece.
I can rip either disk alone and the disk with all its tracks appears in the library and plays OK, however if I then rip the second disk it overlays the first one, i.e disk2 with six tracks loaded OK, disk1 ripped with its four tracks and on checking library/album find that first four tracks of the six are blank and tracks 5&6 play OK.
vice versa disk1 ripped with four tracks, disk2 ripped and all its six tracks are there.
I tried editing the first disk ripped in library/album, changed title/composer etc to fool it! and this makes no difference.
Not an earth-shattering problem just that I still naively think I should be able to get it to do what I want ! - any ideas any-one ?

The Flying Pram
23rd Dec 2008, 19:04
What about changing the destination folder that you rip them to? I never use library functions, I just call up a particular album from My Music and play from there. You could also use something like Mp3tag to check if there is some conflict between the two sets of information.

bnt
24th Dec 2008, 08:57
This sounds like dodgy information in the CD database, confusing the two CDs. This info is only what someone else put in, so maybe you can fix it. What I would do is something like:
- insert each CD, let it download the track details, then edit them: right-click on the album, choose "find album details", then hit "edit" in the box that appears. Fix the album and track details as appropriate, so that they're unique.

Hasselhof
24th Dec 2008, 11:26
Not an earth-shattering problem just that I still naively think I should be able to get it to do what I want !

Thats because its not a snag, its a feature! This IS WMP from microsoft we're talking about after all :ok:

daved123
28th Dec 2008, 14:20
Many thanks,
I had been almost following bnt's path before but had been jumping the gun and editing album info on the album ripping from drive D data - which allows the editing but is not effective on the library entry.
Ripping the first disk to library/B's then editing composer to Pink Floyd moved it to the P's, ripped the second disk as itself then re-edited P.F to Beathoven resulted in both disks with their tracks intact.