PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas from all at Scottish Information

fisbangwollop
23rd Dec 2008, 07:23
To one and all of you that frequent the airwaves of Scottish Info (119.875) many thanks to you all for taking the time to use the service.For those of you that normally dont bother next time your airborne give us a call and say hello.....we are here to help and the more people that use the service the better the service will be. Remember ATC folk are human and we are only too pleased to be of assistance.......so to all at Army Air,PDG,Helimed,Bond,Pipe and Powerline,Norbrook and everyone else thanks for making our job enjoyable..Happy Christmas and safe flying in 2009:ok:

MK10
23rd Dec 2008, 07:51
thanks to you for providing a friendly voice when we're grubbing around the hills
MK10:D

WylieCoyote
23rd Dec 2008, 09:14
A very Merry Christmas to you to, I'm sure the other Osprey feel the same as I do that the service is always impecciable and much appreciated.

Cheers!:D

magbreak
23rd Dec 2008, 09:59
And from those of us that don't talk to you anymore having moved to pastures new.. Merry Xmas!!

fisbangwollop
23rd Dec 2008, 10:23
Magbreak.......you were my favourite customer!! Hope the North Sea not too cruel to you, best wishes to you for 2009.

FloaterNorthWest
23rd Dec 2008, 10:29
And to those that worked with Magbreak in the past but still use you on the way to Edinburgh in various M reg aircraft..............Merry Xmas!!

P.S You said I was your favourite!!

unstable load
23rd Dec 2008, 12:23
And from one who has never used you,

Merry Christmas and a Prosperous and Safe New Year.

Bladecrack
23rd Dec 2008, 12:54
As a new helicopter customer of Scottish Info (119.87) since the start of the year, I have to say what fantastic service you have provided to me every week during my flights to NE Scotland. Your help with airspace transits and weather updates is much appreciated, and it is nice to hear a cheery and pleasant voice at the other end every time I call you!!

Keep up the good work, and I look forward to talking to you in 2009 :ok:

Merry Xmas and have a great New Year!!

BC

Thud_and_Blunder
23rd Dec 2008, 14:37
Perfect timing for a thread, this. I've just been let loose on the Northern Lighthouse Board contract as one of the relief drivers and have had the pleasure of working with Scottish Info for the first time in ages. I say "working" - I noticed during an aircraft changeover t'other day twixt EGBJ and EGEG that the people on the other end of the microphone were invariably way ahead of my Bolkow and me, doing all the "work" stuff long before I'd got around to asking for it. It was one of those days when the weather was doing its best to be a pain, yet having Scottish Info listening out for me just made everything an order of magnitude easier. Two weeks before I had a bit of a race against the hours of daylight to get from near Harris via Cape Wrath to Kirkwall; again, that reassuring presence (in between Lufthansa/ BA/ QANTAS et al being handed over to Shanwick on HF) telling me everything I needed to know was just invaluable. An absolute delight having you there listening and looking out for us; believe me, it is genuinely appreciated. Thank you all. And yes, our Red Head callsign does take a bit of getting used to - sigh.

Tarman
23rd Dec 2008, 15:03
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Scotia 44 !:ok:

misterbonkers
23rd Dec 2008, 16:21
Merry Christmas to all at Scottish! Ive been working away for the last couple of weeks and its always good to speak to you guys on the return leg!

fisbangwollop
23rd Dec 2008, 16:30
Thud and Blunder........twas I that spoke the other morning whilst you were enroute EGEG-EGNH, RHD89 if my memory serves......it was nice to hear your kind words of appreciation on transfer to Blackpool,its pilots like yourself that help make my job so enjoyable..... and yes I guess when the clouds down at M74 level its nice to think I can be of assistance......take care till we talk again.:ok:

OffshoreHeli
23rd Dec 2008, 17:03
And a very Merry Christmas from myself and my colleagues at Bond.

finalchecksplease
23rd Dec 2008, 17:56
A Merry Christmas and a happy & healthy 2009 to yourself, everybody @ Scottish Information and also the other ATC units.

It’s great to know when the proverbial hits the fan you guys (&girls) are there for us; assisting in every way possible. :D

After working in a country ATC was almost non existent (well they were there but ... :ugh:) one does appreciate this great service even more and realises how much easier it makes our life. :ok:

Many thanks,

Finalchecksplease

blind pue
24th Dec 2008, 06:35
Just in case I didn't say 'Merry Xmas' when I signed off yesterday, keep up the good work, Happy New Year and have a great 2009.
on behalf of all the Boys and Girl of Pipeline 01:D

bvgs
25th Dec 2008, 23:52
Thanks for all your help this year. G-LMCG R44 . Have a great new year and safe flying to all.

cjbiz
26th Dec 2008, 09:38
All the best guys from all at HJS in Aberdeen.

Have a great new year!

TorqueOfTheDevil
27th Dec 2008, 21:20
Would have said Happy Christmas when trying to raise Scottish Info at 2130 on 23 Dec, while flogging across southern Scotland to Rothesay, but there was noone there! At least the nice people at Scottish Centre answered...

fisbangwollop
28th Dec 2008, 08:21
Scottish info on 119.875 is only open 0800-2000 local as stated in UK Air Pilot, outwith these times the appropriate frequency listed should be used, outwith the FIR sector times l a call to Scottish 124.5 will have you directed to the correct frequency.:ok:

TorqueOfTheDevil
29th Dec 2008, 07:59
fisbangwollop

I wasn't having a dig - just trying to make the point gently that longer opening hours would make your service even better! Though I didn't put it very well.

Happy Christmas etc to you and all your colleagues and thanks for all your help.

TOTD

fisbangwollop
29th Dec 2008, 20:53
Torque.....no problem was only trying to keep you right for the next time you up north of 55N.....look forward to speaking soon.:ok: