PDA

View Full Version : Cpl Syllabus

greekboy
22nd Dec 2008, 17:46
Hi all

Does anyone know where I can get any info on the content of the 15 hour CPL syllabus(I have an IR) so I can go and work on the bits I think I'm cr*p at before I start the course. I still have 10-12 hours P1 to do before I can get the CPL issued. I did quite a bit of nav during my hourbuilding(no GPS, only map and vor's) so hopefully my nav isnt too bad....

thanx

gb

BigGrecian
22nd Dec 2008, 18:19
Consult Standards Document 3 - that should give you plenty of information.

It's exactly the same syllabus, just minus the 10 hours if Instrument training.

greekboy
22nd Dec 2008, 18:51
Hello

Thanx for that. evxaristo:ok:

gb

2close
24th Dec 2008, 14:03
Kali mera, Greekboy, ti kanete?

Where did you do your PPL and Hour Building and more importantly where do you intend doing your CPL?

The JAA CPL syllabus is in effect an extension of the PPL syllabus but with a higher standard expected and with finer tolerances in the Skills Test. The greatest emphasis I found was on navigation, precision landings and emergencies on complex aircraft (in my case the Arrow - to be on top of everything I did the full 25 hours on the Arrow).

I know virtually all navigation in Greece is via VORs (including on the PPL) which will not help you at all if you intend doing the CPL in a country where they expect you to navigate between features by map, compass and watch and using proper maps which have airspace, etc. marked on them.

PM me if you wish.

Yassas,

2close

greekboy
26th Dec 2008, 15:06
Hi 2close

Thanx for the reply. sent you a pm.

gb