PDA

View Full Version : Gazelle Disposal

Kate142
22nd Dec 2008, 12:56
Good afternoon everyone,
I was advised that an article had been spotted in the French press about a deal between the MoD Disposals Agency (DSA) and Cameroon to purchase surplus Gazelle helicopters with Astazou IIIN2 engines? has anyone else heard any such stories?
Thanks,
kate

Mungo5
22nd Dec 2008, 15:42
So which newspaper do you work for?

Roger Sofarover
22nd Dec 2008, 15:50
The Lee-On-The-Solent Gazette!

Chairborne 09.00hrs
22nd Dec 2008, 16:29
Daily Daedalus?

Monty77
22nd Dec 2008, 18:17
Don't listen to them Kate, they are cads of the first order, and hence something to do with the public sector, of which I am no longer a part (a mutual decision, I assure you).

Do tell.

Are you planning a coup d'etat in Zim by any chance? In which case, the ASter/astou/arse bollox-powered frog engined gayzelle may be a little under-powered for your requirements.

No. In your case, may I call you Kate?, I recommend the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS. They really are very handy and have whishy jets as well that go, whish! They will also lay waste any mountain range that irritates you. Downside is that they (the marines, not the jets) tend to get pissed up in bars and fight people called Keith. Or anyone else in the bar at the time.

Kate. Tell us. Why the ASter/astou/arse bollox-powered frog engined gayzelle? Is it a lady thing?

Riskman
22nd Dec 2008, 18:37
Gazelle Rocks Green Gadget Disposal (http://featured.matternetwork.com/2008/7/gazelle-rocks-green-gadget-disposal.cfm)

:E

Al R
22nd Dec 2008, 18:52
Kate.. yes, you're right! As you suspect, there is a deal being brokered between the DSA and Cameroon, but quite why the MoD Disposals Agency would want to buy old African helicopters is beyond me. PM me and I'll let you know what I think. As long as you promise not to tell anyone. :suspect: