PDA

View Full Version : ?Una pregunta aserca de libros?

DeltaFoxy
21st Dec 2008, 18:26
Anyone know what books are commonly used for flight training in Spanish speaking countries ?
[Like here we have the same list of books we all used.. jeppesen private comm cfi,rotorcraft flight manual, aviation weather, FAR AIM, Test Prep, etc]
Would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction. :sad:

rcapiloto
21st Dec 2008, 18:43
Hi DF,

You can check La tienda del Piloto Buckerbook (http://www.buckerbook.com) or www.aeroteca.com, they supply all the books and training material for spanish student pilots.

The books they sell are JAR based, for Latin American countries you should check the specific requirements on Air Law at each country since the local legislation is unique to each country. The rest of the syllabus is basically identical everywhere, so the books used would be pretty much the same all over.

RC

DeltaFoxy
21st Dec 2008, 19:22
thank you, i'll check it out. im putting together a ground sylibus (in spanish) for someone mexico.

BlenderPilot
22nd Dec 2008, 02:23
There are no more than 5 good books in Spanish for helicopter pilots, Editorial Paraninfo, publishes a couple of translations of the FAA Helicopter Handbook which to my taste need serious revision.

There is also an excellent translation of a German book by AAGE ROED, Aerodinamica y Actuaciones del Helicoptero, that is used widely around here.

Bell Helicopter has also published a couple of books in Spanish, but they are old and I don't know if they are available.

Saludos desde la Cd. de Mexico.

I noticed that you wrote Aserca and not Acerca, if you plan to use your work for serious teaching you have to be very watchful of grammar and spelling, accents, punctuation, and "redaccion", that is if you plan to make a difference, as there are may really good training manuals written by Pemex/PGR when Pemex/PGR were making pilots from Zero time to fly in their offshore and police ops.

Shawn Coyle
22nd Dec 2008, 12:11
If someone wants to translate Cyclic and Collective, I'd be happy to talk royalties with them...

DeltaFoxy
23rd Dec 2008, 05:10
Thanks for the help guys.

vaqueroaero
24th Dec 2008, 03:47
If someone wants to translate Cyclic and Collective, I'd be happy to talk royalties with them...

That would be "Ciclico y Colectivo".

How much do I earn?

Taxidriver009
24th Dec 2008, 08:20
That would be "Ciclico y Colectivo".

How much do I earn?

Good one:D