PDA

View Full Version : 'Air Clues' request

ACW599
21st Dec 2008, 17:07
Thanks to the generosity of a recent PPRuNer, our VGS now has a splendid set of 'Air Clues' in its FS library. If there's anyone out there who could help us with three issues we don't have (Jun 75, Feb 76 and Apr 83) together with any of the 1997-8 set, we'd be extremely grateful. If there are any pre-1973 editions looking for a good home, we'd love to have those too.

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year to all PPRuNers out there, and especially those in faraway places.

Dan Winterland
19th Sep 2009, 06:16
It really was a very good publication with some excellent gen. Not perhaps quite as good as the Navy FS magazine though. If someone were to scan them and put them on the public domain, they would be doing the flying community a great service.

kiwibrit
19th Sep 2009, 08:29
'Was' a good publication? Has it disappeared? Pity if so. It was a very good promoter of flight safety - and, as an eng off, kept me thinking - and in touch with the wider flight safety scene. It was definitely a part of my continuous training, and I am sure it beneficially affected decisions I made. Has anything replaced it?

ian16th
19th Sep 2009, 08:38
I do believe that putting them in the public domain is a non-starter.

The best that we can hope for is something similar to what has been done with the war time Tee Emm.

TEE EMM, RAF Training Memoranda magazines (http://www.cleaford.co.uk/teeemm.htm)

Being 'overseas' this cost me US$33, and seeing as it was shipped from the UK, my local Customs people interpreted that as £33 and charged me the appropiate rate :eek:

But it is fun reading :ok:

VinRouge
19th Sep 2009, 09:02
Air Clues and Wg Cdr Spry will be back with us very shortly.

If you dont get a copy by end of november, then nag your unit or Sqn FSO to get their finger out.

I believe RAF Flight Safety are also Trawling for "I learned about flying from that" Type stories.

I am sure there will be a fair few out there, bearing in mind the period for which Air Clues was abandoned. To you glider and AEF mates; don't think because you dont fly typhoon that you can't contribute. If you have a genuine flight safety lesson that we can all learn from, get in touch with your unit Flight safety officer; they should give you all the info you need to submit a "Learned about flying from that" type story.