PDA

View Full Version : PC issue after new power supply fittted

helimutt
20th Dec 2008, 17:05
If some of you may remember, I was having trouble getting my PC to turn on, it was beeping at me etc. Well, it works now but on the START menu, it comes up with the comment, NEW PROGRAMS INSTALLED, and loads of the alr
already loaded programs in my programs list are highlighted. I don't know why that is because I haven't reinstalled them. Also, a number of websites I access regularly are coming up with dodgy certificate errors and won't open straight away. I have used these websites for years, ie email etc. without problem.

Is this probably all becuase one of the 'fixes' I had tried before fitting a new power supply was to reset the BIOS. ie removing battery, jumper etc?

If so, anyone know how I can get things back to normal or does it sound like numerous problems I have to live with now?

Oh, and when I try to install the certificates for the websites, it says certificate imported etc but doesnt seem to recognise that it has!!

Bloody computers!!

helimutt
20th Dec 2008, 17:11
Isn't it funny how sometimes, after writing a post out on a forum, your mind clicks into gear as you look at the problem you're writing about. I just solved it in 30 seconds!!! DOH!

Wonder if anyone can guess what I had to do. A pint of ale to the first correct answer.
:ok:

Saab Dastard
20th Dec 2008, 17:32
Date and time settings, perhaps?

SD

helimutt
20th Dec 2008, 18:12
Ok, so I am dumb! Free pint to The SAAB one. LOL

How easy was that? The time was ok but the date was about 4 years out! Let me know where to send it and what flavour i'm sending>:D

Saab Dastard
20th Dec 2008, 19:50
Thanks Helimutt - I'll jog your memory at the next Bash!

SD