PDA

View Full Version : Security problems

Captain Smithy
20th Dec 2008, 16:37
Are any GA operators, flying clubs etc. being affected by the clampdown on security at major airports after the incident the other week involving the EcoPrats at Stansted? What airfields have been affected by this, or is it only BAA airfields? I hear there are issues at Edinburgh so I was wondering if anyone else, e.g. Glasgow, Prestwick, Newcastle etc. is having trouble. :ugh:

Smithy

Shunter
20th Dec 2008, 18:34
Since the soap-dodgers in question got in by cutting the fence, I would suggest airport security look a little closer to home instead of hassling legit pilots who have the courtesy to use the proper entrance!

Nibbler
20th Dec 2008, 19:02
None at Bournemouth as yet but they can be a bit slow to react so maybe the future holds some changes.

Tinstaafl
22nd Dec 2008, 03:08
If you felt like tweaking the tail of the tiger, you could always ask any insecurity** staff you come across if they've considered going for a walk around the perimeter fence and contributing to security for change.

**I refuse to call that inept, ineffective process that is done in the *name* of security, 'security'.

A and C
22nd Dec 2008, 08:21
No logic works with the security numptys but try "discrimination" as a way to get back at them.

I have a large amount of metal holding my leg together, as you might guess this plays havoc with the metal detectors. If they get a little too heavy with me I always call for a supervisor (an equily stupid long term security person!) and say that they are discriminating aganst the disabled, remarkably this "PC" tack has an instant effect on them.

Please never get abusive with them and if they get that way with you politely point to the notices about abuse of staff and say that you demand to be treated with the same respect, that will have the effect of enraging them to a point that the whole thing becomes a farce and they have to call out the real boss.

The name of tha game is to keep cool in the face of this utter stupidity and bounce the problem as far up the command chain as you can.

Donalk
24th Dec 2008, 12:16
Apparently at Liege EBLG here in Belgium it is no longer possible to use the apron to walk from the aircraft to the terminal. You must call for a shuttle and pay €30 for the priviledge. Sounds like a subtle way to curtail GA without taking the politically unpopular decision to exclude it altogether.