PDA

View Full Version : 1 Time Bonus

f18
20th Dec 2008, 10:56
Just heared that management dont want to pay the pilots in december or bonuses it looks as if there is trouble on the horizon,there are good guys there which management forget about,the drivers are the airline not pen pushers or bean counters

20th Dec 2008, 12:58
Money is tight. I didn't get a bonus either. Sure I cry and bitch about it, but it doesn't help. If my company has the money, I get a bonus. If they don't have the money....well, then I don't get one. Its just economics, nothing personal. Or at least I hope so.

PS. Did you mean the annual bonus, ie the 13th cheque or just surplus money being divided out amongst the staff? I haven't gotten any surplus money for a few years now, but always get my 13th cheque.

fly1981
20th Dec 2008, 15:11
Just because a company does not pay all their pilots a bonus, does not mean there is trouble on the horizon, if on the other hand they do not pay salary's, thats a completely different story. In todays economical climate, im suprised any airline pilots got a bonus! They probably anticipating a tough year in 2009.

sbh684b
21st Dec 2008, 00:17
Firs of all F18, sorry to hear about the salary problem, hope it gets resolved quickly, especialy over christmas.

Secondly I think your statement "the drivers are the airline not pen pushers or bean counters" is totally wrong. If u have that attitude in life u better rethink it.

The whole staff group is the airline, not just the pilots.

JeanJacquesBurnel
21st Dec 2008, 02:17
f18, I was paid my Dec salary on the17th..... A circular came out a few weeks ago saying our bonuses would get paid in Feb, painful it's not gonna be paid in time for Christmas, yes, but that's how they have chosen to do it.. That is their financial year end. 1time is not the only company in the world that pays bonuses at their financial year end.

Really you need to come up with better 1time-bashing than that dude!

On a far more pertinent note, 1 heared (sic) that 1time's latest cost-cutting exercise is going to be the removal of one wheel from each of the main bogeys. Management have assured us that they will only remove the two outer, or two inner wheels, and that we will never be left with that highly dangerous combination of an outer and an inner wheel or vice-versa. I don't know guys, I just find it hard to believe that 1time management will manage to get that right all the time.

God, I hate working at this airline...

PS: f18, get yourself Mozilla as your browser, it comes with a built-in spell-checker

f18
21st Dec 2008, 03:47
maybe you got paid some did not as a few of the guys move on

Cue Ball
21st Dec 2008, 03:53
f18

Where do you get your info dude, my advice to you is to change your source because whoever it is is speaking s..t in yout ear. Just because a company doesn't pay out a bonus doesn't mean the curtain is going to come crashing down. I am sure that there are plenty of companies who won't pay bonuses this finacial year considering what has happened to the global economy. Lucky for us 1Time is not one of those companies, not only that but in mid January salary increases will be announced as well. Something your "source" must have failed to mention!

jojojett
21st Dec 2008, 05:09
f18, you are a complete d:\:\s, you obviously have no idea of the reality of the situation. Maybe you should get the real gen before you make a total ass of yourself again. Nuff said.... :=

s2h
22nd Dec 2008, 07:02
Dear Wikipedia, it seems we over here on PPRUNE have found that page that was missing, you know the one on "ego", well it seems some chap/chappette has hit the nail on the head regarding an example for the word "ego" . See first post above :ok:

JeanJacquesBurnel
25th Dec 2008, 04:55
Dude, I spoke to loads of 1time pilots and staff- they all got paid, now, let it go. Good grief, you are like a Jack Russell !

Oh, and by the way, sentences usually start with capital letters and contain punctuation. Your last post is all but meaningless due to the lack of both. Use it, don't use it.....

skyloone
26th Dec 2008, 16:21
Hell..... is that sort of thing still going on... I must work for the wrong lot. Most guys & girls just trying to keep the standard twelve cheques coming in.

Bucket
26th Dec 2008, 23:31
I never got a 13th cheque when I worked in SA; coming from the UK I regarded it as something unusual. 12 cheques are fine, a 13th is a nice extra that many employees in SA seem to regard as a right.

A bonus is just that, a bonus. If you hold shares in a company it does not mean you will always get a dividend. Plan your budget on 12 cheques since that is what you are entitled to. Anything else is icing on the cake.

Let us all give thanks that we have a job, one that we enjoy and we can pay the bills. Next year will be tough and a bonus is not a right, its a privilege.

:ok:

Avi8tor
27th Dec 2008, 03:25
Depends how its worded. If its a BONUS then its just that, a BONUS. However, some companies in SA take your annual salary and divide it by 13 not 12, then pay you twice in december. In the good days at Link we paid the tax throughout the year, so the 13th salary was tax free. Wivies and girlfriends really thought it was christmas :}

I do recommend reading your contract before you sign it. I find that normally works best.

four engine jock
27th Dec 2008, 08:41
Come on guys. It’s hard enough to make payroll at the end of the month much less giving a bonus.
1 Time from what I hear is a good place to work and the money is not that bad. The guy who started this thread did it just to get you all talking.
Don’t give him the pleasure of all this!!!!

thats entertainment!
27th Dec 2008, 08:51
A bonus!? On contract in the heart of darkness for the festive season, malaria as a bonus - i think having to pay for the medication out of food allowance unless it can be "proven" that said parasites found their way in during "duty" is like a 13th cheque..... or not, im not sure, must be getting to the brain :eek:. Happy easter to everybody!

JeanJacquesBurnel
2nd Jan 2009, 10:59
Ok, I get it now. A couple of the lads who resigned were told they were not going to get paid out for their salaries as they hadn't paid their training bonds back in time. There's a big difference mate, from, all the 1time pilots not getting paid, to a few who were leaving and had outstanding bonds to pay back, not getting any money out - don't you think?

flux
3rd Jan 2009, 21:17
Really isn't all that different, sorry it offends you so av8tor. Appologies.

Avi8tor
4th Jan 2009, 07:52
I think its a bit rude to cut and paste like that, dont you?

Not knowing the recent in's and out's of 1time, but I dont think Link and 1time are in the same basket